- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy!

Krystal's POV.

 

"Girl, you ain't even invite me!" Sam yelled over the phone. I was making lunch for Kyla and I and I was on the phone with Sam telling her all about last night.

"Why would I invite you?"

"So I can meet Jesse friends. I need older guys, duh!" she answered. I finished preparing the turkey sandwiches that were for lunch and placed them on a tray then brushed my hands together. "Oh snap, I forgot. Next time."

"Mmmm, next time will become never," she said. "But, did y'all kiss?"

This was ridiculous. The boy and I were just friends. "Nope! We're just friends. You should have seen the number of times Jesse had to explain that we were only friends. I mean, can't two people of different genders just have a friendly relationship?"

"Alright, Krys, you don't need to preach to me. Just say that you guys didn't kiss. But what was the highlight of the night?" she questioned, still feening to know about the date.

"He taught me how to rollerskate and I found it really sweet. He's a great teacher."

"Are you two planning to go on another date soon?"

"I'm not sure—" I was interrupted by Kyla yelling out about her hunger. "—yet. But I gotta go feed Kyla so I'll text ya." I said. Sam said goodbye and I ended the call. Kyla appeared at the kitchen door right when I was heading out of the kitchen with the tray of food in hand.

"I'm hungry!" Kyla complained.

"I have the food right here. Let's go eat out on the porch and watch the sunset."

Kyla ran out the kitchen and up to the front door. She left the door wide open and sat down on the front porch, her eyes eagerly staring at me... or should I say the tray? I closed the unlocked door and carefully sat down besides Ky, placing the tray on my lap.

Immediately, she grabbed a sandwich and began eating. "Slow down, kitten! I don't want you choking." I laughed. She slowed down her pace and I picked up a sandwich, taking a good bite out of it.

"This is mmm mmm gooooood!" Kyla said taking her final bites from her first sandwich.

"Chef Krystaleeze at your service." I joked. Kyla giggled and took another sandwich from the tray.

"...I can't go out tonight. I got somewhere to be tonight," a loud voice walking down the sidewalk said. "I got ya tomorrow...aiight, bye." The person walked passed my house and I looked up to see who it was. To my surprise, it was Michael. What was he doing walking around this area?

Michael must've seen us sitting down on the porch because he turned his head and looked over at us. I pretended as if I didn't seem him walk by and tangled my fingers in Kyla's curly hair. "Woah, you live here?" he said stopping in his tracks. Kyla looked up and saw Michael. "Krystal who is that?"

"Michael Jackson. I'm Krystal's friend," Michael said as he walked up to us and took a seat next to me on the porch. He looked at me and smiled. "Hey, Kristen."

I looked at Michael with disgust. "Look if you can't get my name right, get off my porch. I'm not gonna tolerate your bullshit."

"Aiight, aiight. Chill. Wassup, Krystal?" he greeted again.

"What do you want?"

"Can't I get a greeting?"

"Hello, Michael. What do you want?"

"What do I want? Hm...Oooh, turkey sandwiches." Michael stretched out his hand and grabbed himself a sandwich and began eating. I rolled my eyes and finished my sandwich. "Do you want anything to drink, Kyla?"

"Caprisun!" Kyla answered. I nodded my head and got up, walking into the house. Michael just had to come and ruin the little time I had with Kyla. I headed for the kitchen. I brought out a bottle of water for Michael (being the considerate person I am) and a caprisun for Kyla from the fridge then went back out to the porch.

"...You're gonna buy me a Cinderella barbie doll so Lisa can have a friend to play with?" Kyla asked Michael happily.

"Well, if only your sister allows me to." Michael replied back in a soft enthusiastic voice. I walked up to them and took a seat besides Michael. "Only if your sister does what?" I asked once I was settled down.

"Nooooothing! Just something between Kyla and I. Right, Ky?" Michael smirked.

"Right!" Kyla went along with a small laugh.

"So you both are keeping secrets from me, huh? I got y'all." I said. I handed Kyla her caprisun then gave Michael his bottle of water. "Awww, how kind of you." he said taking the bottle from my hands. I held myself up on my hands and stared out at the serenading sunset while Michael and Kyla continued their little secretive conversation.

"Hey you." Michael poked my side. I took my eyes off the sunset and looked at him. I was too focused on the scenery, I hadn't noticed that Kyla went inside.

"Hm?"

"What are ya thinking about? You kinda zoned out there." he said. I sat up. "I don't know. I tend to completely zone out a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot."

Michael chuckled. "Well, you have to be more attentive. Ya sandwiches are great. Petra should've hired you as the cook instead of a waitress."

I smacked his arm repeatedly. "Shut the hell up. And what job do you have?"

"Okay. you got it ma." Michael shielded himself. He took a swig from his water bottle and I sighed, going back into the position I was once sitting in.

"You two are home alone? Where are ya parents?" Michael looked at me. I thought he wouldn't have noticed.

"Uh... They're working. Trying to get that money, you know?" I lied. I bit my lip and sat back up once again.

"So your parents work... And you work as well?"

"Yep, I'm saving up for college." I looked down at my lap and fiddled around with the hem of my shirt. Hurry up and change the subject already!

"Cool. Sometimes I work at a garage. They pay me as if I'm a real worker, so I'm pretty good for now."

"That makes sense. You were able to fix my car the other day."

"You got it. So if ya got anymore car problems you know who to call." Michael winked. I shook my head and ran my fingers thorugh my hair. "I already got Jesse on that."

"Jesse? Who is that again?" Michael asked me. I felt like slapping the black out of the idiot.

"Jesse is the dude who I was walking with at the park, you dweeb."

"I knew his name started with a J. You two are dating?"

"No, we're just friends. Nothing more. It's kinda funny."

"What's funny?"

I turned my body to face him. "Everyone thinks that Jesse and I are dating. Do we look like a couple?"

"Yeah, y'all do. I always see you together."

"Always? You only saw us together once."

"Nah, Y'all were at the skating rink together." he said. I gasped. He saw us? How come I didn't notice? "You were there?"

"With Giselle yesterday night," he replied. Why didn't he come bother us, though? "I didn't come bother you because I had better things to do." he answered the question that was running through my mind.

"If you did, I would've busted your ass."

"Bust who's ass? Not mine," Michael said in a cockily manner. His phone beeped and he took it out his pocket and looked at the screen. He got off the porch and slid his phone back into his pocket. "I have to get going, but I was thinking maybe you'd like to come over to my house so we can go over our lines with each other. I heard that we'll start using the stage next Monday, so why not perfect our scenes?"

Michael wanted me to come over to his house? He must be joking. "Me? Over at your house? No way."

"I'm serious. We do have a play to run on our hands."

"Fine... When should I be over?"

"Tomorrow after the the meeting in the auditorium." he said turning around. He began walking to the sidewalk.

"Um helloooo, I need your address."

Michael turned back around and looked down at me. "I'll text it to ya. Good a thing Coupet made us exchange numbers." he smiled. "See ya tomorrow." he said before walking away.

"Bye." I said after him.

I was still confused. Why was Michael acting this way?

Chapter End Notes:

Rate, review or , lovelies~~