- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Less reviews last chapter, did I disappoint? Hope not, still having fun writing this story!

Oh and BEWARE THE FLUFF! Lol just kidding, enjoy Chapter 9!

9

Chapter IX: Remember the Time

***

Alisa felt like a bandit; a good girl walking on the wild side for the first time. For the first time in her life she was being selfish. She was doing something for herself. Her father may have wanted her to stop seeing Michael, but she wasn't going to. She was 23 years old and time for her to live her life the way she desired. And she wanted to live her fairytale. She wanted it with Michael.

And she did. For weeks, when her father passed out from a day's work of drinking, she would sneak out and meet Michael on the roof. Pretty soon, weeks became months. Many months. Whether they'd talk, stargaze or cuddle and say nothing at all, she was the happiest she'd ever been. But even so, Alisa admitted to herself that seeing him at night wasn't enough. Her mornings were spent in her room and since her father's demands to break up with Michael, she'd been isolated from the kids as well.

She felt such guilt because they didn't understand and she couldn't explain it to them. Sean, Katie and- especially- Zeke missed having her at the meadow. But Alisa never wanted Zeke to see what his father truly was, so she'd grown used to saying, "You're too young to understand little one. Go out and have fun for the both of us."

She knew one day he'd ask more questions, but she prayed that day wouldn't come to her soon.

Michael decided to meet her on the fire escape that night instead of the roof. He had something special planned for Alisa. He admired her through the window peacefully brushing through her long curly locks and humming a tune before finally interrupting her with a knock. She turned and smiled at him, that same smile he fell in love with when they'd first met and opened the window.

"Got lonely waiting for me on the roof?" She teased in a whisper.

He chuckled, kissing her on her rosy cheek. "Actually, we're doing something a little different tonight."

"Oh?"

"We're going out." He entered her window, sitting on the edge while glancing around her room.

"Michael, we can't."

"Why not? Your father's asleep isn't he?"

"Yes..."

"And does he ever wake up in the middle of the night?"

"Not really, no."

"Then what's the problem?" He laughed. But Alisa still seemed hesitant. "Allie, baby it's been months. There's no way he thinks you're still seeing me with the way things have been. Where's your sense of adventure?"

"Didn't think I had one..." She plopped on her bed.

"Sure you do. I'm your Peter Pan remember?" She giggled. "Just for tonight. Be my little lost girl...please."

Michael's puppy dog eyes made her laugh. "I can never say no to that face. Let's go."

After Michael assisted her down, the couple strolled down the street, Alisa's arms grasping one of Michael's. "You're not gonna make me close my eyes are you?"

Michael chuckled. "No, I won't torture you this time."

"Well then Mr. Jackson, where are we headed this beautiful night?"

"Now you're just pushing it Allie."

"Come on Mikey. Please?" She pouted sweetly.

"Oh not this time, love. Though I must admit, calling me Mikey was a nice touch."

"I'll get you to give in one day." Alisa muttered, her bottom lip still sticking out from pouting. Michael's finger cradled her chin, raising up her face so he may kiss her pouty lips.

"Perhaps one day love, but that is not today. Doesn't really matter anyway, we're here." Michael nodded his head towards their destination, a quiet establishment sitting on a corner decorated in floral ivy and candlelight.

Alisa smiled. "You brought me to Tony's."

"Well it is your favorite place. Thought you could use a treat, you've been so sad lately." Michael knew why.  All the stress of being cooped up in her room, not being able to leave the house without a third degree, not being able to spend time with him and the kids during the day, it was all getting to her.

Alisa sighed. "You always know how to cheer me up." She pecked him on the lips. "Thank you."

Michael opened the door for her and the two lovers entered the almost empty restaurant. A familiar big-bellied man stood behind the counter, apron wrapped around his gut.

"Michael, my boy," he smiled. "You're a bit late, I was starting to think something happened."

"Well we would've been here a bit earlier, but someone was trying to spoil her surprise." Michael teased.

Alisa scoffed playfully, hitting his arm. "Hey don't you blame me for our tardiness; you should've just came out and told me where we were going."

Michael chuckled, kissing her cheek.

"Lovely to see you again, Alisa." Tony greeted her. "It's been a while."

"Nice to see you too Tony. It has been a long time."

"Still beautiful as always. And you've finally snatched up a nice guy, I see." Alisa blushed, hiding her face in Michael's arm bashfully. "Good for you. Seriously, I approve Michael, good kid this one is. Mike, I hope you're taking care of this lovely lady."

Michael caressed Alisa's hands, still holding his arm and he smiled. "I sure am."

"Well then, let me show the cute couple their table." Tony led them to the back of the restaurant where an open patio was surrounded by flower pots and forestry décor. Heat lamps warmed the patio and a single candle with some scattered rose petals on their table created the perfect amount of romantic ambience Michael was looking for. Alisa gasped, admiring the setting.

"Surprise." Michael said smiling.

"Michael...what is all-

"You got me, I didn't just bring you here to cheer you up. Today's kind of a special day."

"It...is?"

"Five months ago, I walked across a bridge and met a beautiful woman, the older sister of a wonderful kid." Michael stepped closer and took her hands, watching her surprised face.

"Michael it's...it's our five month anniversary?"

"Mhm." He gently took her waist in his grasp, bringing her in his arms for a tender kiss. "Happy Anniversary Allie."

He was happy, but Alisa was horrified. Not because of the day, but the fact that she'd forgotten. "Oh Michael, I feel terrible. I didn't get you anything."

"Don't be silly. Your smile's the only gift I need."

"Aw," She kissed him again. "I'm still getting you a gift."

"God gave me you, what more do I need?"

"You're such a cheese ball." She kissed his cheek.

"Ah, but I'm your cheese ball Allie." Michael smirked. Alisa nudged hid side before taking a seat across from him. Tony came back with two covered silver trays. He sat them across from the young couple and uncovered the plates, revealing to fresh, hot, and- rather large- pieces of lasagna.

"Enjoy you two." He said.

"Thanks Tony," Michael said gratefully. After the delicious meal, Tony once again came out with plates of dessert- small bowls of gelato- which Alisa gladly dug into with a melodious moan.

"This was wonderful Michael. Everything was so perfect. I promise to make up my absentmindedness on our anniversary." She said.

"Baby don't worry about that. Being cooped up in a prison cell for a room everyday for over a month can make you forget things.

"But our anniversary? Michael this is important!"

"Then I'll remember for the both of us." Michael laughed. Alisa frowned, looking away from him.

"Michael, I'm serious..."

"So am I!" Michael saw that his optimistic attitude wasn't working. He stopped laughed and sighed instead. "Allie, honey, please don't over think this."

"How are we supposed to stay together if your girlfriend can't even remember her own anniversary?" Alisa asked, frustrated with herself.

"Like this." He reached over the table and grabbed her hands in his tight grip. "Do you love me?"

"Of course I do. With all my heart."

"And I love you. As long as we both know that, we've nothing to worry about for the future. Okay?"

Alisa smiled. "Okay."

"Okay." He kissed her knuckles and rose from the table. "Now, time for part 2: the grand finale. "

"There's more?" Alisa asked. "Michael, how on earth can you top marvelous Italian cuisine and dessert?"

"I'll show you when we get there." Intertwining their hands together, Michael walked them away from the patio and after saying goodbye to Tony- and thanking him again- the two were out of the restaurant and down the street again. It wasn't long until they reached an alleyway, leaving Alisa confused.

"Michael, where are we?" She asked.

"Alisa, my darling, welcome to Club 30's." She looked back again at the alley, but saw nothing but darkness and a wooden fence closing it off.

"Club 30's is in an alley?"

"Well sort of." He walked them farther in. "It's where I work my music gigs."

They reached a door with a wooden sign above that read "Club 30's" and Alisa finally understood.

"Oh I see." Michael opened the door and let themselves in. Alisa glanced around in amazement. Everyone was centered in the dance floor, dancing to an old jukebox playing Frank Sinatra's the Lady is a Tramp. Alisa noticed the dances were old classics and stared in wonder.

"Nice huh? Come on," Michael led her to a bar area, an older black male stood behind it.

"Well well, if it isn't Smelly." The man smiled.

"Hey Quincy," Michael replied with a smile of his own.

"You're right on time." Quincy glanced at Alisa. "Is this her?"

"Yes, Alisa this is Quincy, he owns the place. He gave me the job. Quincy, this is Alisa, my girl, my love, my everything."

"Oh Michael." She swooned bashfully.

"Pretty long title you got there." Quincy chuckled. "Nice to meet you, young lady."

"Nice to meet you too."

"So far, I can see why Mike here fell head over heels. You're beautiful."Alisa blushed.

 "Inside and out." Michael added.

"Smelly, you ready with the surprise for your lady?" Alisa's eyebrows rose.

"I am." Michael nodded, leading Alisa away from Quincy and to a lone table.

"Michael, what's going on? What're you up to?"

"Keep looking at the stage, you'll find out soon enough." The song on the jukebox faded and Quincy took the stage, with the background jazz players.

"Can I have your attention please? Thank you. Now, I know originally we had no performers listed to play tonight, but this young man, a very good friend of mine, has a special gift to a very important lady in his life." The audience awed and a surprised Alisa continued to watch the stage, heart pumping. "Please give a warm welcome to Club 30's favorite performer, Mr. Michael Jackson."

The audience cheered, clapped and wooed as Michael took the stage, Quincy handing him the microphone and exiting. "Thank you everyone. I thank you for letting me perform a little something different tonight for my one and only, Alisa. It's our five month anniversary." Just as he pointed to her, Alisa held in a squeal as the spotlight hit her. The audience clapped and cheered once more with a mixture of awes.

"Alisa...Allie...I love you with all my heart and soul. This is for you."

The club grew silent, the lights faded to a softer tone. The audience waited in anticipation for Michael to begin. Alisa watched in anticipation. She'd only seen Michael sing for her, but in front of everyone?

Michael's gaze left his feet; he was in his zone now. He looked up and gazed at Alisa in the center of everyone. And as soon as his eyes hit her, he felt a fire light up inside him.

"You knocked me off of my feet now baby, hooo..."

Michael felt his dancing soul lead his body to the instrumental rhythm. The audience joined in, clapping to the beat. "Hee hee...ooh...gon' girl!"

Alisa giggled but joined the audience clapping for Michael. She was still awestruck that the gorgeous singer - and most amazing dancer- was hers, onstage singing for her and her only.

"Hey pretty baby with the high heels on, you give me fever like I've never, ever known," Michael sang. Those first words held familiarity with her and she realized he'd sang it to her before. The Way You Make Me Feel, she remembered. But instead of the sensual tone he held before, the song was much more upbeat and exciting. Michael eyed her from the stage, singing with a large grin, and Alisa blushed, bright red under the faded spotlight.

"Cause you're the one for me, the way you make me feel. You really turn me on; you knock me off of my feet. My lonely days are gone."

Michael stepped downstage and the audience hooted and hollered.

"Gon' Mike! Get ya girl!" He heard one say. And it was exactly what he planned to do.

"I like the fever you're giving me," He sat next to a smiling Alisa. He quickly sat his head on her shoulder and she wrapped her arms around him. "Just hold me baby and I'm in ecstasy. Oh I'll be working from 9 to 5, to buy you things to keep you by my side. I've never felt so in love before,"

Michael went cheek to cheek with Alisa as he sang, "Just promise baby you'll love me forever more."

As Alisa kissed his cheek, Michael jumped up from his seat beside her joyfully and he grabbed her hand, bringing her up to dance in the center of the floor with him. Everyone around them cheered but Alisa's heart wanted to explode. She wasn't used to being stared at by so many people, but Michael's finger curled under her chin and brought her face to his own. Looking into his eyes, Alisa felt her heartbeat calming as he smiled at her, singing and holding her tight, her back connecting with his warm chest. "Give it to me, give me some time. Come on be my girl, I want you to be mine. Ain't nobody's business, ain't nobody's business, ain't nobody's business but mine and my baby..."

Michael's voice softened as the music did, changing tune and tempo slowing. "There'll be no darkness tonight, lady our love will shine."

Alisa- whose eyes were closed as she reveled being in Michael's loving embrace- opened her eyes, seeing Michael's deep brown staring into hers. He took her hand, setting it right on his chest, where his heart lied. "Just put your trust in my heart, and meet me in paradise. Girl, you're every wonder in this world to me, a treasure time won't steal away. So listen to my heart, lay your body close to mine, let me fill you with my dreams, I can make you feel alright. And baby through the years, gonna love you more each day, so I promise you tonight, that you will always be the lady in my life."

Alisa's eyes beamed as the familiar title ran through her head. This was one of the songs he wrote for me. And as she listened to every word, the love in her heart for Michael grew; something she didn't even think possible. And as the music faded for good, with unshed tears twinkling in her eyes, she kissed him passionately. The crowd cheered, whistling and shouting, but neither Alisa nor Michael heard. He kissed away the few tears that'd fallen down her cheeks and held her close.

"I love you Michael." She said.

"And I love you Allie. Happy Anniversary."

Chapter End Notes:

I loved writing this chapter! But then again, I love writing any chapters filled with Michael/ Alisa fluff! I hope you enjoyed reading it! 

LEAVE A REVIEW!!! :D