- Text Size +
I come home from school on a Friday afternoon fighting back tears. The boy I thought had a crush on me and I had a crush on him, Cory Buckley, asked out one of the freshman varsity cheerleaders." Gosh, I'm such a loser, I just wanna die!" I shouted as my mom came in the house. " No boy is worth hurting yourself over, just move on with your life and focus on you!" my mom said as I saw my cousin, Johnny Ray, walk in. " Who's the boy that hurt you, I'm gonna fuckin whoop his ass!" he asked me as mama sent Sydney to go get my neighbor, Michael Jackson. Yes, the Michael Jackson that does the moonwalk. " Be strong, you are a warrior!" I kept telling myself as I saw Michael walk into the room. I just squeezed him tight and cried harder. "Shh, it's alright I'm here, Kayla, Sydney told me what happened and I am gonna be here no matter what." he murmured as he played with my hair. I just smiled as he rocked me like a baby. " Such a sweet and pretty girl who I think is the greatest person you could ever meet," he whispered. " Michael, it would be best if she stayed with you tonight instead of going to the football game," my mom told MJ as I packed my bag and dried my eyes. His comforting words always made me smile. " Okay, Heather, I will take good care of her since she is a very special girl," he giggled as he played with my hair. I took off my makeup. Michael always thought I was flawless in his eyes. He was someone I could go to for advice and if I needed a hug. " Are you ready Sweets?" he asked me as I put my favorite cheetah print blanket into my bag. "Yeah," I replied as light sobs came. He carried me to his car and off we went to Neverland!