- Text Size +
Michael was on a business trip for a few weeks. He sent me postcards and letters from Nashville. I sat down and listened to ' Home' by Blake Shelton. I hoped Michael was listening to the same song. I broke down and started crying my eyes out. Then, Michael called me. " I miss you," I said through my sobs. " I miss you too, Kayla, I was listening to Home by Blake Shelton and it made me think of you," he said as I smiled. " I listened to the same song," I replied as he giggled. I missed the sound of his voice. He left some of his clothes at my house to let me have his scent when he was on business trips. " I'm wearing your pajamas now," I giggled as he sweetly sighed. We hung up the phone and I went to watch TV in my room as I looked at a photo of us. " Dear God, please bring him home soon," I prayed as I cried. Meanwhile in Nashville, " God, please take me back to Kayla safely, I really miss her," he said as he cried himself to sleep. I went to sleep and dreamed of us smiling. I really did miss him sleeping beside me. I had to snuggle up to the teddy bear he gave and I wore his jacket to make me feel better. I squeezed it very tightly as I slept safe and sound. A few days later, he called to tell me that he was coming home. One his limo drivers came to pick me up to go meet him at the airport. I was finally going to see my Michael again. " God, thanks," I prayed as I applied my lip gloss in the limo. The first thing I was going to do was give him a huge bear hug. This was going to be a hug that he would always remember. I could not wait to smell him again. He called my phone and said he had something for me. We talked and talked as I approached the airport. The driver opened the door for me and I waited for Michael's flight to land. " Who are you coming to get?" a middle aged woman asked me. " My best friend, Michael, he was on a business trip," I told in ecstasy. " I'm here to get my son, he was over in Afghanistan," she told me as she showed me a picture of him. She also said he was in the army. We hoped they were in the same plane. The woman cried as her son hugged her. " You're Michael Jackson's best friend?" he asked me. He told me that Michael had something for me. I saw him come to me with his luggage. " Michael!" I shouted as I ran and jumped into his arms. " Kayla!" he shouted as he buried his head in my shoulder. We both cried. " I missed you," we said at the same time as we walked to our car. He gave me a pretty guitar pick necklace. We were going to spend a lot of time together. We were glad we were finally reunited.