- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Based in the year of 1996, Janet age 30; Michael age 38

9 month period, starting from the end, to the beginning

All things are from tht time period, so things like cell phones are blocky and flip phones, so yeah....:)

Author's Chapter Notes:

So this is my first story, and this will switch from past (April-November)

to the time that the stoy started with (December) throughout the whole book, just in case you get confused, so here it is.

 

 

 

Part 1: Beginning with Now

The black Merecedes e320 pulled into the driveway of an old storage house, on the outskirts of the city. The shiny car door, opened and a man in a white suit and fedora stepped out, hat over his eyes. His heels clicked quietly as he walked up to the door, and knocked 6 times. It creaked open revealing a man in a black outfit, welcoming him inside. he walked over, in front of another mn. tied to a wooden chair, with a black cotton sack over his head, bloodied from head to toe.

"Take it off of him," he ordered with a snap of his fingers, and the sack was whipped off. There sat a green eyed, brown haired man, with a balck eye busted lip, and blood coming form his mouth and nose.

'Aaron...you caused this...why did you betray me?" the man merely stayed silent.

"You put my sister...my BABY sister in a coma, and her chances are very slim," he stepped closer to him, folding his arms.

"I'm sorry-"

'No you aren't, you aren't sorry at all...otherwise you would have told me who did THIS to her," he pulled out a picture of a girl, around the age of 20, battered and brusied worse than Aaron was at the time.

"Michael please, I can't look at her like that," he said turning his head away.

"You should have though of that before you doub;e crossed me," He looked him dead in the eyes as blood and tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Who did this to her?" again, just silence as Michael grew angrier.

"Fine...torture him, and call me when he's ready to talk," he turned on his heel, and stormed out of the building, hearing Aaron's screams along the way. He got back in his car, and drove to Saint's hospital on main street, and pulled into visitor parking. Reaching reception, erin, a 28 year old black haired girl; whom also worked there always at the same time he always came by, greeted him with a warm smile, and a visitors pass.

"Thanks Erin,"

"Not a problem," he walked over to te elevator, and pressed the number 2 for the second floor. Once there, he wen down the hall, then to the right, reaching room number 247, and entered quietly, with a pot of red roses in his hand. In the room lie the girl from the picture. A large blue tube was taped over her mouth, along with a feeding tube at te corner of her mouth. a heart monitor beeped constantly, with an IV dripping toa needle in her arm. Her eyes shut, and she didn't move an inch. so still...so quiet. Michael sat in the chair next to her bed, and grabbed her hand. He set the roses next to the lilies he brought last week, still fresh and blooming. He planted a kiss on her forehead, and began to speak to her.

"It's me Jan. I'm getting closer to finding out who did this. I will find them, and make their lives a living hell," he said.

"Wake up soon Dunk. Please....you're the only one who knows what happened, and I miss you," he stroked her hair as he gave her another peck on the cheek, and made himself comfortable. The monitor beeped annoyingly, ut he didn't mind. It told him his sister was still alive. As he sat, he noticed someone else had came to visit her, and they left a black buisness card. Damian...he'd known that card anywhere. He tore it to shreds and threw it into the garbage, then puled out his phone.

"Eric...you and Benjamin are off vacation, I need you here at the hospital with Janet," he stated.

"Sure thing boss, is she awake?"

"Sadly no. But Damian has been here, I don't wat any of those Italian bastards a foot near her. Get over here...now," he hung up, and turned his attention back to his sister, and lookd at her brusied, yet peaceful face. It angered him to see one of his family memebers in thsi kind of pain, especially with Janet's condition.

"I will find whomever did this, and when I do...you'll finally have justice," A light knock came upon the door, and eric and Ben wallked in.

"Make sure only her nurse, Dr. Giles, and my family are allowed in here, that's it. If you see that Italian fuck up anywhere near her room...kill him," he said.

"Yes boss," Michael looked back at her; trying to find a simple movement from hr fingers, as he always did, but like always, he couldn't find it. He sighed, and placed his fedora back on his head and exited the room, back to the first floor.

"How's she doing?" Erin asked.

"Same...nothing," he frowned erin stood, and hugged him tightly. Over the past few months he had been coming to see her, they had created a close friendship.

"It's been 9 months, and she still hasn't made any progress,"

"Don't worry, she'll wake up soon,"

"I hope you're right Erin...I really do," He released, and walked to his car and drove to his home; a two story, eggshell house on County road. He unlocked the door, and placed his hat and jacket on the hook nest to the door, above a cushioned blac and white bench. He loosened his tie, and set fire wood in the fire place, igniting it, then sat on the couch watching it flicker. He had to find who did this, and make them pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

April 3, 1996

"Come on Mike!" begged his sister, who follwed him down the hall of his home.

"Janet, I can't, I've got work to do," he said lookig at her.

"But you always have work to do, and you never spend any time with me anymore. I miss our luch dates," she pouted, with her big brown eyes having a pleading glitter in them.

"Alright, alright...where would you like to go?"

"Where else? Sammy's burger stand; like we used to,"

"Ok, let me make this call, then we'll go" she nodded with glee, kissed his cheek, ad walked down the hallway out the door with a skip in her step to the car. He then pulled ot his flip phine, and dialed Eric's number.

"Eric, follow us. If you spot anyone, let me know,"

"Yes sir," Michael then hung up, and  walked to the limo waiting outside.

"Took you long enough," she giggled. The driver pulled up  to sammy's and the brother and sister duo walked in, and in hand.

"Aye, my favorite customers, Michael and Janet!!" Sam yelled, and came from behind the counter to hug Janet, and shake Michael's hand.

"Hey Sam, the usual please,"

"You got it," said the pot belly black man, writing their order down on a sheet of paper, and handig it off to the chef. Michael and Janet sat at their favorite booth at the back of the room. For Michael, it gave a clear veiw of the windows, in case he had to make a quick exit. For Janet, it was the veiw of the mountains that made her smile.

"Thanks for coming Mike, I miss this,"

"So do I,"  he said, sipping his pepsi Soon they received their food. Two double cheese veggie burgers with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mayo; with large fries and ranch to dip them in. They ate, and chatted, enjoying their time together. Michael laughed at her when she made a funny face of something she ate one time at a new restaraunt she went to, until he saw a man in a black suit, and sunglasses, with three others behind him. He stared at the man, and knew exactly who he was...Damian Butelini, leader of the Italian mafia. Janet looked up at him, and noticed his gaze.

"Michael, what's wrong?"

"Nothing...," The man entered the room alone, and walked over to their table.

"Hey Michael...Janet,"

"Hello," Janet said, looking at the man. she had know clue who he was, nore how he knew Michael, but there were a lot of things she didn't know about her brother.

"Damian what do you want?" Michael asked with a bit of annoyance in his voice.

"Just came by to say hello," he gave a sly smile, as Michael grew furious.

"And to talk buisness,"

"No. I am spending time with my sister, buisness isn't even a thought right now," Janet smirked.

"It's important," he looked back at his men, who were now seated at seperate tables close to them. Micahel looked at Damian as he made a glance towards his sister. He knew what he would do to her...he had no respect for women or children.

"Fine make it quick...I'll be right back Janet,"  He got up from his chair, and the two went back to a room, with the door marked Employees Only, though it was only a front, meant as a meeting room for the mob bosses whenever they needed it.

"What the hell do you want?!" Michael yelled, the room wa sound proof, so no one could hear them.

"You took out my best shop...now I'm telling you  I want something back,"

"What...spit it out already!!"

"Your sister...she might off for my loss of sales,"

"Fuck you! I'd never trade her over some stupid bullshit from you....unlike you, I love my family,"

"Would you rather have her shot down?" Michael grabbed him by the collar, and threw him up against the wall.

"If ypu lay a finger on her...you wil never see daylight again,"

"Fine, but I want something in return, even if I have to take it,"

"Go to hell Butelini,"

"Already there Jackson. I'll give you a week; then either your sister, or her life,"

"Is that a threat?"

"It's a promise," he turned to leave the room,Michael close behind. As they came back, Eric, Benjamin, and Aaron were sitting next to her, giving cold stares to the other three men.

"Remember Mike, 1 week," he said before, he and his guys left.

"Michael, what's wrong, you look flustered?"

"Just business Janet, nothing to worry about," he said as he watched the car drive off.

"I'm going to the restroom," she stood up and left. The boys made sure she was gone, then looked at him.

"What happened?" asked Aaron.

"He found out about the break in, Eric I thought I told you to let me know if anyone was coming,"

"I'm sorry boss, but I ddn't want to interrupt your time with her,"

"That's kind of you, but next time, let me know," he said with a kind smile. Michael wasn't like other bosses, he was kind with his men, especially if they did something regarding him and his family, he didn't mind, nor be made a samll mistakes, they happen, and they always learn from them.

"How'd they know about it? We kept on the DL Like you asked," Aaron continued.


I don't know, but he wants J as collateral,"

"The hell?" Ben said in anger.

"So what do we do?" Eric asked.

"Beef up security at and near her home, in case. Aaron, I'm assigning you to stay in-house with her; until we can settle this," They finished their conversation just in time, as Janet was coming back, sitting next to Aaron and Ben. They finsihed up, with a caramel shake, then finally left, and both brother ad sister spen the evening watching T.V. Together

"

Chapter End Notes:

 Damian Butelini
  Adrueis Slokovich
 Erin Colby.

 

This is my first story on this website, so please reveiw and rate plese, thank you!! :)