- Text Size +

April 4, 1996 12:07am

Michael woke up to an early alarm, and knew exactly what it meant. A meeting with the leader of the Russian mafia; Andreuis Slokovich a the docks at 12:40. He got up, and dressed into a black pin striped suit with same pattern fedora, and dark tan trench coat with cotton insulation, and a dark grey scarf. Early mornings at the dock were vercold, so it was smart to dress warm. His phone buzzed, letting him know that Aaron was out the door. Quickly and silently, he crept to Janet's room. Seeing she was asleep, he shut the door, and went outside, meeting Aaron at the door way.

"Take care of her,"

"Yes boss," he gave a quick nod' and with that, he left to his car, and drove two miles down to Lake Marico and pulled to dock 7. Stepping out, the cold wind hit him with a chill. He walked out to the edge of the wooden loading area, and waited, watching te moon's distorted reflextion sway on the water.

"Mr, Jackson?" he turned his head to see  tall , muscualr built, faded brown haired man standing afew feet away from him, alone as he was.

"You're a man of your word Andreuis, I was thinking you'd show up late,"

"As are you Michael," he said pulling out a cigarette, and lighting it.

"So...what is it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Damian Butelini...you know him?" he cotinued in a heavy russian accent.

"All to well I'm afraid. What about him?"

"He's been causing trouble near my, as you say,'shops', causing my production to go down,"

"Your point?"

"Let's have an alliance, you're the biggest boss in this game...with us working togtehr, we can rule this entire city,"

"I might consider this, but what's in it for me?"

"Ridence of that annoying Italian, and protection for your sister," he said. Michael looked at him with a blunt look.

"You know about that?"

"I have my ways, word gets around fast. Not only will this et rid of the threat against her, but also, heavy fire power," he said. He placed the large case down opening it to guns, grenades, and other weapons.

"Nice,"

"And there's more where that came from,"

"Alright, deal," he shook hands, and set a meeting for their entire team to meet up. Soon he returned home to quiet. Of course, it was 1:10 at the time, so he kicked off his shoes, and sat on the couch with the T.V. on low. He then soon dozed off on the couch. Aaron came back fro his rounds around the house, and left a note on the table.

8:00am

Janet woke up to quiet. She stretched and got out of bed; brushing her teeth, then finally heading downstairs. Coming down, she saw her brother knocked out on the couch, Watching Walker Texas Ranger. She smiled, and decided to make him some breakfast. A light cheese omelete with buttered toast. Soon she finished, and made a plate for both of them.

"Hey," said Michael.

"Morning, where did you go so early?"

"A meeting," he said, and sat together on the couch.

"So, how long have you been in the mafia?"

"A few years. I'm still new to  ut, but I'm the biggest, and the best," Janet gave a smal smirk, then hugged him tightly.

"O'm so scared Mike. I don't want to go with him!" she cried.

"You won't. I would never let anyone get you. I love you way too much to just give you up like that. It'd kill me inside to ever let that happen," he said.

"I believe you Mike," she said.

"Mike I have to go to work, what do I do?"

"I'll take you, then be here to pick you up, I can't let you go home alone," he said. She grabbed  her purse, and followed him out to the car. He drove her downtown to the entrance of the tallest building there.

"Alright, Call me if there's any trouble." he says as she exits the car, breif case n hand.

"I will, I have you on speed dial," she smiled. Janet sighed with nerves and fear in her mind. She was still worried something bad would happen to her, but she shook it from her thoughts and entered the building, pushing the elevator button for the 12th floor.

"Hey Janet," said her aid  Sofia, handing her three folders of Child cases she had to do that day.

"Thanks...um, what about the meeting with the Jones clinets today?"

"Still on for 12:30,"

"Alright, thank you," she sat at her desk, flipping through her files. She worked as a Child Protective Service agent. Not only did she help remove and save children from abusive homes, she also worked endlessly on adoption cases and always put the children and clients first. she's even risked her job and her life to keep a child safe,a nd she's willing to do it again if she had to. Her door opened, and Sofia cae in with a smile.

"Zoey's on line two," Janet gave a bright smile.

"Hey zoey,"

"Hi Ms. Janet," said the 5 year old girl on the other line.

"How are you sweetheart? How's Ms. Flowers doing?" she asked

"I'm good, and Ms. Flowers is making me breakfast. Am I going to meet my new mommy and daddy today?"

"Yes you are. They can't wait to meet you,"

"Ok I have to go, Ms. Flowers wants me to go eat breakfast, Bye!" she said. Janet giggled a little. She stacked her files and wrote down all she needed about another case she was working on. She then opened a folder about a 4 year old boy and 6 month old sister with an abusive mother.

"Sofia?" she called over an intercom

"Yes ma'am?"

"Set up a meeting with...Ms cole for a check up onher children; I have a bad feeling about this one,"

"Of course...should Jim go with you?"

"If he's free, yes," she said and wrote down the date on her calender. April 5th, 1996, at 2:30 pm. She continued her notes, and paper work, while drinking her coffee with cream and 2 sugars.

11:25am

"Hello Andreuis," Michael greeted with a handshake. They were at  anice room, one of many in the large warehouse, though most rooms had a darker meanings.

"Ncie room, crappy building,"

"But it's a great cover, place is mostly meant for torture for traitors," Michael said. Both  groups of men sat around them, giving them their full attention.

"Alright boys, it's official. Our alliance is set. Now that we are going to work together, there are going to be some changes. No fights between eachother, or else," said Andreuis.

"No, I don't punish my men," Michael said looking at him.

"I'd prefer a suspension without pay for a week or more. Depending the seriousness of the fight," Andreuis nodded in agreement.

"I like your style. It's like you'r running a buisness,"

"Well, it's because this is a buisness; so I run it like one," he said. Andreuis placed his hand on Michael's shoulder with a smile.

"I like the way you think Jackson," he said with a smile. Michael smirked and looked at the large group of men. He knew this would strengthen his grip on the drug manufacturing...he'd be bigger tan ever in no time.

~12:15pm~

"Ms. Janet!" Zoey yelled running into Janet's open arms.

"How are you my little butterfly?" she said, picking her up and carryig her to her office; to the play area next to her personal break room. It was full of barbies, blocks, and arts and crafts.

"Good. I drew this for you," she pulled out a peice of paper from her back-pack, handing it to her. It was a drawing of a tall woman with tightly curled hair, wearing a white dress, with wings and a halo, while holding the hand of a little girl with a red dress, with barrets in her braided hair, who looked like Zoey. The background was blue skies with fluffy white clouds and green grass with flowers.

"Aw, this is beautiful Zoey. Who's the angel supposed to be?"

"You," Janet smiled at her.

"Me? Why am I an angel?"

"Because, you rescued me. You protected me from my daddy. I prayed to God every day for him to save me, and he answered with an Angel, you," she gave a warm smiled, and hugged her tightly. This brought tears to Janet's eyes.

"I'm glad you see me that way," she said hugging her back.

~December 14, 1996 4:30pm~

"I remember you had a huge smile when you told me how happy you wre when that little girl met her new Parents. It was so wide, it brightened my day even more than it already was...I miss that smile. More than ever now," he sat by her bedside, and looked over a phot album of her and himself when she was only a toddler, a s he showed her one of his pet rats. He smiled at another picture of them together with the rest of the family on their father's boat. A tear slipped from his eye as he saw a picture of her alone, with jet black hair, with a white shirt and red lips. He smiled a little, before completely breaking down, crying on to her bed.

"You really are an ange, but I don't want you to leave me yet...not yet!" he cried

"Michael?" he looked up,a nd saw Erin holding his shoulder.

"I know it's hard right now, but don't give up," she said.

"Hold me..."

"What?" she sad, blushing very hard.

"I need to be held. Please, just hold m," Erin nodded as she hugged him tightly from behind as he continued to sob into his sleeves. She held him close as he finally started to calm down.

"Feel better?"

"Yes...thanks,"

"Of course. I have to go; I'll see you later," she  turned to leave, when she felt Michael grip on to her hand still. She looked at her hand, then up into his eyes. He pulled her close to him. Her cheeks blushed red as he grabbed her wait, carressing her cheek. Their lips finally touched passionately. Erin pulled away in embarrassment, leaving without a word.

 

Chapter End Notes:

These are the pictures from the Phot album part (December 14, 1996) part



  she's so cute in all these pictures!!