- Text Size +

Shit shit MAJOR DOUBLE shit.....I glanced up and realize it's no one other than Michael Jackson himself sitting down at the table, his brown eyes burning like fire into my greys. It seemed as if the entire record store had gone silent, everyone and their mama waiting in anticipation for what would happen next.....I could feel the blush creep up in my cheeks from embarrassment. Damn. I quickly cleared my throat in attempt to get rid of it. "Uh Nadia go meet him" I literally shove my little sister up against the table. She looks like she'll burst into tears any minute. Great. That's the last thing I wanted, for her to cry on her birthday. And the award for the most awful sister goes to.....I glance over and am surprised to find Brown eyes still staring at me. What the hell is he looking at?! "What?!" I snap clearly annoyed. "Excuse me miss" the one bodyguard barks over at me. He gives me a look that says 'I'm about 5 seconds away from throwing your ass out' I shut my mouth only to find Brown eyes now smirking at me before he breaks the eye contact, now focusing all of his attention on my sister. "Why hello there, what's your name beautiful?" he asks. I scoff, crossing my arms. Meanwhile Nadia looks like a deer caught in headlights. "N-Nadia. Nadia Michelle Grey" Damn. He didn't ask for your WHOLE name Nadia! Michael chuckles, immediately sensing her nervousness. "Nadia Michelle Grey huh? That's a pretty name" "Thank you" Nadia replies, her face practically the color of a ripe tomato. I'm still standing there in the background with my arms crossed, wishing more than anything for this ordeal to be over already. Nadia then holds out her copy of the 'Invincible' CD. "May you sign this please?" Dang. I don't think I've ever seen my sister this nervous before! It's quite amusing. "Why of course!" Michael replies with a bright smile as he gently takes the CD out of her trembling hands. God, he's such a phony. "What do you want me to write Nadia?" He asks while opening up the case and retrieving a black sharpie marker. "Um, could you right 'happy birthday' please?" Nadia says. Suddenly Michael looks up at her, his expression blank for a second before going back into another bright smile. "Today's your birthday?" Nadia nods shyly. "Aw, well happy birthday! How old are you turning?" "Sixteen" "Oh okay. So it's your sweet sixteen?" Michael asks. Why the hell does he care?! Nadia nods again. "Yeah, well, I'm not having a party or anything. I just wanted to meet you today. That's all the gift I need" "Awwww" All the other fans there coo. I groan. "Could you please hurry it up? We've got places to be!" I snap. Once again the big bulky bodyguard glares at me. Michael then looks over at me too, his eyes having some type of mischief glint in them. The hell?! "And who are you may I ask?" "None of your damn business that's who" I say. "That's Fall, she's my older sister" Nadia chirps in, smiling. Thanks alot. Michael laughs. Oh I KNOW he's not laughing at my name?! "Fall eh? That's different" "Autumn" I finally reply causing both Nadia and Michael to look at me. "Excuse me-" "My name's Autumn now can we go?" I cut him off as I quickly walk over towards Nadia, grabbing her hand. Michael closes up the CD case. "Well it was nice meeting you Nadia. Hope you have a great birthday" he says as he hands the case back to her and get up to hug her. "Thank you Mr. Jackson" Nadia beems. "Alright Nad, let's go" I say, cutting the sweet moment short. The two of us start to leave the record store but in the distance I could hear a voice. His voice. "It was nice meeting you too Fall!" He calls out. Shaking my head, I don't reply as I opens up the double doors to Virgin Record Store, walking out into the cool brisk New York City air. Well that was something......"Well what do you want for lunch kid?" I ask my sister, the two of us crossing the street with a whole bunch of other people. Nadia shrugs. "I don't care" I stop dead in my tracks. "What's with the attitude?" I asked, turning around to face her. "How could you act like that Autumn?!" Nadia says. "Act like what?" I pretend to play dumb. "Act all rude in front of all those people, in front of HIM? I understand you don't like him but at least have some respect!" Nadia says as she places the signed CD in her backpack and continues walking further ahead of me, giving me the cold shoulder. I quickly catch up, grabbing her arm. "Hey, you've gotta stay near me okay? And I'm sorry I acted like that alright?" I apologize. Nadia gives me a small smile. I know she probably doesn't believe me but it's alright for now. "Can we have pizza for lunch?" I nod, smiling back. "Absolutely. I know just the perfect spot-" "Excuse me, are you Ms. Grey?" Another voice asks, startling me and Nadia. I turn around. It's the man from the record store. "Yeah, why?" I ask confused. The man then pulls out something from his pocket. It's a copy of 'Invincible' signed. "This is for you ma'am." He says before turning on his heels and walking away. "Weird" I mumble before shoving the CD in my purse. After eating some of the world's greatest pizza ever, Nadia spent the rest of the day shopping and sight seeing. I also told her I'd throw her a sweet 16 party and would pay for everything. It didn't seem fair that when I was her age, mom and dad threw me a party but couldn't throw one for her. Nadia was speechless. "Really? You'd do that?" she asked, the tears forming in her big eyes. I nodded. "That's what sisters are for" I replied and she gave me a huge hug. By the time we arrived home it was around 1:30 in the morning. "Nad, we're here wake up" I whispered, shaking her shoulder. She had literally passed out in the back seat. "Did y'all have fun?" Mom asked when we walked inside the house."Yeaaah" Nadia and I answered in unison. After saying our good night's, Nadia headed upstairs for her room. "You sure you don't wanna spend the night honey?" Mom asked. She never liked me driving on the street late at night. I shook my head. "I've got work in the morning I'll be fine ma" I reassured her, kissing her cheek. "Alright then. Thank you for taking her" "Your welcome" I smiled as mom and dad gave me a hug and I left. It wasn't until I entered my own home did I realize how tired I actually was. "Damn" I yawned removing the jeans and sweater I wore left only in my bra and panties. I jumped in the bed, sleep immediately trying to take over my senses. Before I could even close my eyes my cell phone rang, D'Angelo's song 'Untitled: How Does It Feel' blaring from my purse. "Ugh! the hell?!" I groaned picking up my purse from the floor, grabbing my phone. "What?" I answered. "Oh hey Autumn! It's Stacy from work. I was wondering if you could take my shift for tomorrow? I've gotta-" "Sure goodnight" I hung up, running my hands threw my long brown locks. God, I was so tired yet I couldn't seem to fall asleep. One of the joys of suffering from insomnia. Glancing over at my purse, I noticed the CD case poking out. Curiosity getting the best of me I took it out, examining it.  It read: 'To Nadia's sister Fall a.k.a. the 'anti' fan: You forgot this :) From: Michael J' "Wow what a way to sign something" I said quietly to myself. I had to admit, it was pretty funny. Truth be told, I actually never took the time to listen to this album, maybe one day I'll give it a chance. I heard it was pretty good. Without thinking, I opened up the case and a little piece of paper fell out. Picking it up, I read it aloud. "I had a feeling you'd open this.....484-908-6084." Aw hell to the no, He couldn't be serious.....

Chapter End Notes:

Oh snaaaap!!!! Did Michael really just give Autumn his number?! Y'all think she'll call him or nah lol Please review!!!!