- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I felt horrible for not uploading in forever lol Enjoy peeps :)

That next morning, I never felt more refreshed and alive! I couldn't help the smile that settled on my features. Today was a BIG day. It was finally Nadia's surprise party! Kristen came over a couple hours later and together we both had managed to plan out how we wanted this party to go down. We had gathered all of Nad's closest friends, our parents and other family members in Central Park. After school that day, Kristen and I picked up Nadia. Of course she was asking a million questions, wondering where we were taking her (she was blindfolded) but all Kristy and I did was look over at each other and smile. Once we finally arrived to out 'destination' and Kristen removed the blindfold off of Nadia, the look on her face was PRICELESS. She bursted in to full on tears. It was too adorable! When the party ended, she had literally hugged the life outta me, refusing to leave my side. My parents originally wanted to take her back home but I had offered to let her sleep over at my place. Kristen was also going to sleep over as well. We arrived back at my apartment and Kristen went to the store to go pick up some goodies for us to snack on. "Alright kid I'm gonna take a shower" I placed my cell on the couch and jogged upstairs. Nadia took a seat on the couch. "Oh and  if my cell rings, just let it go to voicemail" Nadia nodded. "You had fun?" I called out from the top of the stairs. "Yeah thank you so much again!" I heard Nadia respond and I smiled. While in the shower I could hear the faint sound of my cell ring but I didn't sweat it. It was probably nobody anyway. "Just let it ring Nad!" I yelled but didn't hear a response. "Nadia?" Still no answer. I turned off the shower, getting out and wrapping a towel around my body. I walked into my bedroom. "Nadiaaaaa Michelleeeeee" I called out, going downstairs. Where the hell was she?! I headed towards the living room, my eyes settling on the couch....and where the hell was my phone?! The front door then opened. "Have you seen Nad?" I asked. Kristen smirked, walking over to the kitchen to put the snacks away. "Yeah, of course I got the snacks Fall!" I gave her a 'I'm not in the mood' look. "What? You haven't seen her?" I shook my head. "No. I was in the shower. She was JUST sitting on the couch a few minutes ago though. She must've taken my phone too but I told her to let it ring" "Maybe she needed to make a phone call Fall" Suddenly Kristen gasped, startling me. "What is it?" "Actually I DID see her! I think she's outback on the deck....it sounded like she was talking to some guy.....I think his name was Michael or somethin like that" "Michael? I don't know any guys named..." I froze, my voice trailing off. "Oh shit...." I whispered, my heart sinking. "What? What's wrong?" Kristen asked concerned. "She shouldn't....she shouldn't be talking to him?" "Hell to the no!!" I yelled, running back upstairs, throwing off my towel and changing in to a pair of blue shorts with a grey tank top. I practically busted my ass trying to come back down the steps. "Damn Fall! Why in such a rush? And who's this Michael guy anyway? Kristen asked. "Nobody important" I mumbled under my breath. I was just about to head fir the front door when it opened, Nadia strolling back inside with a grin on her face. "Oh hey guys!" she said all cheery. I snatched my phone from her hand, shoving it in my back pocket. "Are. You. Crazy?!" I growled, my teeth clenched. Nadia winced. "What? Your phone kept ringing. Why are you avoiding him anyway?" I didn't answer as I turned on my heels, walking to the kitchen with Nadia and Kristen following. "I can't believe you did that...." I was seriously pissed. "Um hellooooo but is anyone gonna fill me in on who 'Michael' is please?" Kristen asked, clearly amused by all of this. "Michael is-" "Shut it!" I quickly cut my younger sister off off. "Wait a minute Fall....you've got a new boyfriend and you didn't tell me?! I thought we were besties" Kristen pretends to fake a pout. I sigh, running my fingers threw my hair. "Why can't you just tell her Autumn?" Nadia asked, her grin wide. "Do I know him?" Kristen asked, taking a seat next to me at the kitchen table. "Oh you definitely know him alright!" Nadia joked. "Is he our age?" "Older" Nadia and I answered in unison causing Kristen to laugh. "Even your sister knows him yet I still don't?!" "Know him? I met him!" Nadia exclaims and I swear if she doesn't stop talking....."It's nobody, seriously" I say, praying to God they'll get the hint and drop it. Nadia shook her head. "It IS somebody Fall! Somebody huge" "Wait like overweight huge or..." Kristen started. "No famous huge" Nadia said. Kristen's eyes widen. "You're dating a celebrity?! For real?!!" "What?! NO we're NOT dating! Hell, we're not even friends! Will y'all please just drop this already?" I practically beg. I could tell Kristen was about to ask more questions but from the look on my face, she kept her mouth shut. "Thank you!" I smile in triumph. Nadia walks over to the living room and plops a seat on the couch. She turns the tv on. 'And coming up on Mtv News, Entertainer Michael Jackson will be shooting a music video for his latest single: 'You rock my world' Apparently he'll be holding auditions for the role of his love interest.....think YOU have what it takes to be Mj's 'it' girl? Stay tuned for more details coming up...." The announcer said as it went to commercial. Even though my heart was pounding I rolled my eyes. Nadia smiled. "Ah I just looove Michael Jackson! Don't you Fall?" I glared over at her. "I thought you couldn't stand his perfect talented ass!" Kristen joked, cutting in. "I can't!" I said, going over to turn the tv off. "No heffa! Don't turn it!" Kirsten said, hitting my hand and grabbing the remote. "I wanna see that New video! Has it even been made yet?" Nadia shook her head, snickering. "I don't think so.....Fall would probably know...." "Nadia enough!" I snapped, my face slightly warm. "Damn! Girl why you be gettin so antsy everytime we mention his name?" Kristen said but then got quiet. "Oh my gosh....it's him, isn't it....." I kept my mouth shut. "Autumn Mia Grey you're doing it with the king of pop?!!!" Kristen yelled making Nadia laugh. I was fed up. I opened the front door. "You can see yourself out" "Fall wait" Kristen closed the door back. "Please just tell me if it's true or not...." "Alright Kristen, yes I DO know him but we're not fuc-doing each other" I corrected myself. "Damn.....you still lucky though!!" Kristen wasn't really a huge Mj fan but she respected him and his music. I shrugged my shoulders. "It's really not that big of a deal...." "I'm surprised y'all even talking! I thought you hated him?" "I do hate him! It's just....shit it's complicated...." I said, letting out a sigh.....

 

 

Later on that night, Kristen passed out upstairs in the guest room while Nadia and  I layed out on the couch, flipping threw the channels to find a movie to watch. We settled on 'Jurassic Park' "So.....what did he want?" I asked, trying to sound super nonchalant. I reached into the bowl of popcorn, throwing the warm buttery goodness in my mouth. Nadia didn't reply right away at first. I know she heard me. I threw a piece of popcorn at her. "Ow! What Fall?" Nadia whined. "What was that for?" "What did he want?" I asked again. "Nothin! When I answered he asked who it was. I told him, then he just started talking to me" I gave my sister a long stare, obviously not buying what she was telling me. "No Autumn, I'm telling the truth. He didn't even mention you....when I asked him how he got your number he said he didn't want to talk about it....." I was stunned. He didn't even ask if I was alright?! Some fuckin nerve.... Then again, why the hell do I care?! I was the one who gave him the bitch syndrome earlier this morning. No wonder he wants nothing to do with me now.....but still...."You alright Fall?" Nadia asked, snapping me out of it. I quickly nodded. "Fine" Nadia had changed the channel and of course HIS movie had to be on (It was 'The Wiz') I didn't even watch it. Instead I kept my vision casted on the pink blanket covering my thighs. After Nadia went to bed, I layed wide awake in my bed, my cell phone clutched in my hand. I stared at it for a long time. Finally letting out a deep breath, I shot out a text. 'To Michael: Where Ru??' It actually wasn't that long when I felt my phone vibrate, startling me a bit as I read the message. 'From Mike J:Fine. Go 2 sleep' I scoffed, shaking my head. He didn't even answer my damn question! I then dialed his number, placing the cell on my ear as I curled up into a ball underneath the covers. On the other end of the line I could hear the ringing but he never picked up. Instead it went to his voicemail. I hung up. Turning on my side, I tried to fall into a restless sleep, my cell phone still at my side just in case I might receive a call or text in the middle of the night. I never did......

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Oh snaaap why do y'all think Michael's avoiding Autumn? Is it intentional? Is he really done with her? And what do you think he might've said to Nadia? Please review!!!!