- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy :D btw sorry this chap might be a lil short, I'll def try to make the next one longer!!

It was now mid June and had been approximately 4 and a half months since I heard from or seen Michael again. I tried not to let it get to me but it was hard. Ugh why was this bothering me so damn much?! I mean shouldn't I feel overcome with joy that he finally left me alone? Instead I feel overcome with some sense of emptiness. Nadia was now out of high school (she'll be a junior next year) so now she was gonna spend half her summer with me in New York. I didn't mind it though. It was better than spending it all alone....Kristen was spending time with her wild cousins Monica and Will in California. I even started dating a little bit again. His name was Christopher Tracy or Chris, for short. I've only been with him for a couple of weeks now but he was a great distraction. Chris was extremely funny, laid back, buff, smart, oh and did I mention he was buff? He had curly brown hair with dreamy hazel greenish eyes. He loved to hike, swim, go fishing, an all around outdoorsy 'preppy boy' type, the complete OPPOSITE of me but for some reason we clicked. As a matter of fact, Chris was on his way to my place now. The only person who knew about him was Nadia. I didn't want to tell my parents or Kirsten just yet. I didn't want their judgements. I quickly changed into my white sunflower dress and sandals. I put my hair up in a top knot. There was a knock on my door causing me to smile at my reflection in the mirror. 'God please let this date go well' I thought, inhaling a deep breath as I walked down the stairs and opened the front door. "Christo-Oh Nad? Hey what are you doing here?" Nadia didn't respond as she let herself inside, closing the door behind her. "HAPPY 25th BIG SIS!!!!" she screamed, attacking me with a huge hug, almost knocking the wind outta me. "T-Thanks Nad....I uh, I can't breathe!" I managed to say. Today was my 25th birthday. That's why Chris and  I were about to go out....Chris...."Where's Christopher? Did you see him?" I asked. Nadia nodded. "Yeah I saw him. It was actually right before I came here. At the store. He said he wasn't gonna be able to make it....there was an emergency in his family....sorry Fall" I felt my heart sink as I took a seat on the couch. I tried to hold myself together. "Well, hopefully his family's alright...." my voice trailed off. I looked over the brand new dress I wore. The one that I had brought specifically for this occasion....the one he'd never get to see me in...Nadia still stood in front of me. She had this weird smile on her face...almost like she knew something that I didn't. I looked up at her, my eyes filled with tears "What? Go ahead and say it: I'm pathetic" Nadia shook her head. "Any guy who makes a girl cry on their birthday is the pathetic one....what a doo doo head" I had to laugh a little at that. I slowly got up from the couch, letting out a sigh. "Where are you going?" Nadia asked, a look of pure panic on her features. "Upstairs to change. I don't really feel like going out anymore...." "What? no! You can't!" Nadia yelled, startling me. What was her problem? "I have uh, I've got a surprise for you sis....but I can't tell you what it is....I promised not to...." Nadia said, her smile wide. I sniffled a bit. "Is it h-here?" I asked. Nadia shook her head no. "We are going to the surprise....well actually, YOU'RE going to it....I'm going over Makayla's house in a few" Makayla was Nadia's best friend. "Should I....pack anything?" I asked. "No, you'll be okay" Nadia said as there was a honking noise outside. "Oh there's Makayla!" Nadia opened the front door. She then turned around and gave me another hug and kiss on the cheek. "Once again I hope you have an amazing birthday and enjoy your surprise! Love ya sis!!!" "Love you too!" I said, hugging her back. "Oh and just stay put, your ride should be here in a few minutes!" Nadia called out over her shoulder as she got inside the car and  left. I stood in the doorway, a look of utter confusion on my face.....Oh sweet pearl....what the HELL did my sister get me into?!

 

Chapter End Notes:

Lol y'all think you know what the 'surprise' might be that Nadia set up for Autumn?? What about the fact Christopher pretty much bailed on her, especially on her birthday no less smh please review!!!!