- Text Size +

There was another knock on my front door. When I opened it I was surprised to find a man in a suit standing there. He looked to be around the same age as me. The man had deep brown eyes and a buzz cut. He had caramel colored skin. He was actually pretty cute....was this the 'surprise' Nadia was talking about? Suddenly the man leaned back and whistled. "I think I might be at the wrong house because you're A THOUSAND times more beautiful than how boss described...." I smiled shyly. "Uh....thanks I guess?" "Wait, you ARE Miss Grey, right? Autumn Grey?" I nodded. The man let out a sigh of relief and laughed. "Woo! It would've been hella awkward if you were somebody else!" I liked this guy already! He then held his arm out, standing up straight. "Well then, your chariot awaits Miss Grey" I hesitantly looped my arm in his as the two of us walked down the steps and into...."A mini van?" I gave the guy a look that caused him to bust out laughing. "What?! I offered to take a limo but boss said that would be a dead giveaway....I still would've taken the limo though!" He helped me inside the van and we took off.....

 

It was about a two hour ride to get to wherever the hell we were going in this mini van. In the two hours though I was able to find out a lot more about this 'mystery' man. His real name was Terrell but he like to be called Teri for short. I joked with him that Teri was a girl name but he shrugged it off. He was 22 (a couple years younger than me) and he loved to play and watch basketball, watch comedy movies, and cook. Truth be told when we finally had arrived to our destination, I didn't wanna leave. He was a lota fun to talk to. "Will I ever see you again?" I remembered asking. He nodded but said "Probably not....Just Kidding! Of course you will girl! I just happen to be related to boss so you'll probably be seeing a lot of me...." That's another thing: WHO THE HELL IS THIS BOSS GUY?! I would ask Terrell his name but he would never really say....suddenly realization hit me...I grabbed Terrell's arm. "Are you giving me to some sugar daddy?! Is that what this is?!" My grip tightened on Terrell's arm causing him to yell out in pain. "Whaaaat? No of course not! Your sister would never send you to some dirty ass place like that!" My face fell. "You....you know my sister?!" Terrell nodded. "Yeah, well boss told me a little about her" "WHO IS BOSS?!" I yelled making Terrell wince. "I already told you I can't tell you that!" He then started to walk away. I quickly followed him. The mini van had already pulled off so it wasn't like I could escape. As I caught up with Terrell, I looked over the scenery. I had to admit, wherever I was, this place was BEAUTIFUL. There was open fields and flowers everywhere along with figurines of different disney characters such as Peter Pan. "Terrell wait!" I called out as the two of us reached a house. He turned to face me. "What's up Grey?" "I uh, I'm sorry for yelling like that....I just wanna know where I am that's all...." Terrell chuckled. "It's all good Grey. I was never mad at you....it's actually pretty funny how oblivious you are!" I didn't know what to think of that statement so I just remained quiet as Terrell pulled out a key from inside his suit and unlocked the front door. He let me go inside first. Damn....if I thought outside was beautiful then inside was a thousand times even more breathtakingly stunning. "Wow..." I whispered. "Terrell this place is-" I turned around. "Terrell?" He was nowhere to be found. "Terrell come on this isn't funny!" I called out, my heart pounding in my chest. I started to pace back and forth in the house, my eyes welling up. This was great just fuckin great. Here I am, all alone in an empty gorgeous mansion-like place....I wouldn't be surprised if I end up on the news tomorrow morning for a missing persons report.....That thought terrified me even more. Not knowing what else to do, I took a seat on the elegant cream colored sofa. I tried to relax but my nerves were on haywire. I think I actually might be sick. Before I could attempt to run to a bathroom, somebody comes from downstairs. "Why hello there Miss Grey! My name's Virginia. I'm the personal chef. Would you like something to eat?" I shook my head. "Oh no, I'm fine thank you" but of course my stomach decided to argue against that, letting out a huge grumble. Virginia and I both laughed. "Your belly begs to differ huh! Please have a seat!" She chirped, going into the kitchen. After washing my hands I went in the kitchen. After eating a delicious and I mean DELICIOUS lunch, Virginia told me that boss should arrive back shortly (here we go with that boss shit again) and that I could look around the house if I wanted. Of course I took up the offer and began to roam. I was pretty sure there was over a thousand rooms in this house! Well, definitely not a thousand but there was surely a lot! There wasn't really a whole lot of pictures around the house although I did find one picture of these two little kids. They were ADORABLE! It was a girl and a boy. The girl looked to be around 3 or 4. She had tumbles of curly brown locks down to her shoulders. Her hair was up in a ponytail held together by a white ribbon. Her big green eyes were looking directly into the camera. In the photo she also wore a bright blue silk dress with white dress shoes. The boy next to her (I was pretty sure it was her brother) looked to be a little older (maybe 5 or 6). He had white blonde hair and wore black dress pants with a white dress shirt. I think the thing that really startled me about the photo was definitely the little boy's eyes. The were chocolate brown and look so freaking familiar?! But for the life of me I couldn't pin where I had seen those eyes before....The two kids, even though had lighter skin tones were definitely mixed. With a trembling hand I lifted up the photo to examine it closer. "Gosh they're so beautiful...." I said to myself. "They're my world....." I heard another voice say causing me to drop the photo and quickly turn around. I gasped, not believing it. "M-Michael?" My voice cracked. Michael nodded, flashing me one of his trademark smiles.  "Happy birthday" Michael said however I didn't respond. Truth be told I couldn't. I slowly felt the room begin to spin. I started to sway slightly. Michael rushed to my side, touching my shoulders. "You okay Autumn?" he asked, his voice filled with concern. I nodded and then I did something that I NEVER expected to do....Michael didn't expect it either. I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my head in his shoulder. "Thank you" I whispered, the tears forming in my eyes.....

Chapter End Notes:

Awie!!!!! How cute is that!!!! Please review!!!