- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The beautiful sight outside his hospital room brings michael's memory back to Paris. He starts talking of the beauty in the world. His wife gladly listens as she adores his views.

"Can't wait to be home" Michael grumbled at me with a small smile. He turned his head slowly towards me from his position on the hospital bed, his nose red as he's sniffling but his big brown eyes bright and hopeful. I smiled in sympathy at him and stood up to pet his soft head of curls and he grinned and turned away from me, back to the window "awww I know! You hate this place, but you'll only be suffering from the smell of fellow sick people for about two more days babe" I replied playfully, making him giggle until he fell silent. After a few moments he perked up in excitement suddenly. "look at those flowers out there. I like the lavender, they smell the prettiest. Reminds me of the perfume I bought you from Paris too!" He exclaimed in the most adorable tone of voice. "I remember the smell very well Hun! it reminds me of the air they had there when you took me...floral shops and bakeries on almost every street, the combined smells of sweets and flowers..." I say then trail off, moving my hand from his hair to his cheek to pinch so slightly, truly smiling down at him at the memory, moving a curl from his face. 


Michael continued for me "and the smell of all kinds of freshly baked bread, the kids laughing, and the strangely sweet smelling cigar smoke. It's so magical to me. How the world emits so much beauty. From the smells to the beautiful colors of nature. I never get enough, a lot of people pretend to understand what I mean when I talk about how I feel about the world you know, thinking I'm talking weirdly, just to analyze me. I know you really get it though." He says turning back to me, his cheeks starting to blush at the realization of my touch on them. I nod in agreement. "Of course Michael, the world could be more beautiful if more people thought like us baby." I whisper to him, gently rubbing my fingers under his chin. After another few silent minutes,He looks up at me, blinking slowly then giggles quietly, shyly ducking his head under the covers, feeling tickled from my touch. I giggle along with him, tickling him, turning his soft giggle into his beautiful overjoyed laugh. After I slowly pull the covers back off his face I give him a slow, passionate kiss on the lips. he replies by holding my head, making me stay in my place where I'm bent over right above his face. "I promise many more trips to wherever you want. We gotta see this whole, beautiful world together. I don't wanna see it all, without you." I smile at the promise of his words. "And I promise we'll always wander this world together."
We both laugh. He moves over and pets the space on the hospital bed he makes for me. I lay down next to him, both of our gazes looking back outside at the beautiful lavender.