- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Michael and his wife find themselves awaken by their little girl Mikayla. they find themselves spending some time with the little angel.

"Daddy?" Mikayla calls out for the 4th time, her little bright round eyes still gleaming from the fact that she obviously just woke up. she clutches her tiger plushie that her mommy and daddy bought her for her 3rd birthday a few months ago. She's walking down probably the longest hallway in Neverland, trying to find her daddy and mommy's room. It's such a big house, she doesn't like the fact it's so big sometimes. Sure, sometimes she could play some really fun games of hide and seek in such a big place, go on made up adventures with daddy outside of it, play queen and princess of the castle with mommy in her huge toy room, and touch all the countless shiny things that daddy says is dangerous and to be careful with them, but when she wants to see them, especially this late, when everything looks all big and scary like in the movies, she doesn't like this very much.


Mikayla hears footsteps echoing down the dark hallway. She can't see down there, since the bit of moonlight that is coming through the window ends soon. She stops at the very end of where the light ends and whimpers continuously. Her small body shakes just a bit as she clutches her tiger plushie tighter and her eyes widen. Soon the figure she heard the footsteps from rises out of the darkness. "Mommy?!" her face lights up with relief and she smiles and runs as her mommy appears. She runs to her and let's her mommy scoop her into her arms. "baby? What's wrong? Why are you up this late hmm?" She whispers to Mikalya, moving her coarse curly hair from her forehead to kiss it, cradling her carefully in her arms and laying her head on her shoulder as she rubs her back. 

"I jus' want some ice cream please." Mikayla replies sleepily, her eyes hopeful and her cheeks blushing. Her mother laughs and squeezes her affectionately in a hug. "Let's go ask daddy okay?" She replies, not liking to tell her little angel no. Michael and herself have been the kind of parents to constantly spoil their kids. Especially because she deserves the world. "Yes! okay where's daddy?" She asks, lifting her head up from her mother's shoulder, petting her small plushie in her arms. Suddenly, all the lights in Neverland come on, making everything look as beautiful, and never scary, as Mikayla remembers. "Wow!" She exclaims looking around like the place like the lights turning on is the most magical thing she's ever experienced. 

"You hear that? Our princess of the castle says she wants some ice cream!" Michael says, coming around the corner of the long hallway smiling, approaching Mikalya and her mother. "Yes please! Hi Daddy!" She almost screams excitedly. Michael removes her from her mother's arms and puts her into his. "Hello princess! Mommy and I will get you a little ice cream but then you gotta get some sleep okay? He says while all three of them are walking down the hallway. His wife smiles as she crossed her hands behind her back and followed them cheerfully.

As Mikayla is humming a little song her mother taught to her while eating her ice cream, and making a show of trying to feed her tiger plushie some of it, her parents sit on the couch outside of the kitchen, watching her closely. Michael then takes his attention away from her to lean over and give her mother a quick kiss on the mouth. He puts an arm around her and makes her lean in close and she snuggles into his warmth. "You can go back to bed if you want to baby, I'll watch 'Kayla while she eats." Michael offers, gently pinching her cheekbones. "Hmm no, wanna stay." She mumbles sleepily, becoming more comfortable being held in his arms then she already thought she would.

Michael laughs softly and looks up at Mikayla, still humming happily and eating the bits left of her ice cream. "Almost all I could get you to eat was ice cream when you were pregnant. Remember that? Ice cream and pretzels mostly." His wife smiles into his chest when the memory was bought up. "and I tried to get you to try strawberry yogurt  on short ribs. I'm still gonna get you to try too!" She replies cheerfully. "You keep dreaming on that!" Michael replies, a fake disgusted look on his face. He continues, "Even now you still got those weird cravings. You past them on to Mikkey too. I mean who even eats avocados in their ice cream?" Michael laughs again and flinches and says "ouch!" In a fake pain tone when his wife pinches his thigh and tells him to shut up. "Hey she's just different that's all, she's something special." She says, looking over to see that she's finished eating the ice cream and she's just quietly  playing with her tiger plushie now. "Of course she is, a creative mind full of wonder like us." Michael proudly says, twirling a piece of his hair in his hands as he looks down at Mikayla's mother almost falling to sleep in his lap.

Soon, His wife yawns sleepily as she sits up calling Mikayla over to them. She rushes over to them happily and rubs her eyes and tells them she's sleepy. They both look at each other and her mother holds and kisses her. "Okay baby, we can go alright?" She says. "Come on Mikk. Let's get you to bed okay? and tomorrow we can see about moving you closer to me and mommy's room okay?" Michael says in Mikayla's ear, loud enough so his wife can hear as he picks her up. "Finally!" Mikayla replies, wrapping her little arms around her daddy's shoulders, careful not to drop her tiger plushie.

 

Once they have the door to her room closed, they're walking back to their room. "So, why wouldn't we have her close to our room in the first place?" His wife asks, laughing at how silly it is to not have that be in the first place. Michael looks down and smiles as he turned the lights to Neverland back off and came back to open the door to their room for her to walk in before him. "Because my first thought was I wanted her to be close to her toy room, remember that?" He said. "Oh yeah!" She replies as she remembers. They lay down together again and Michael rubs her stomach. "you looked so good carrying our baby, we'll have to work on getting you like that again."  Michael says lowly, kissing her forehead.  And she replies biting her lip, barely above a whisper, "I'd love that."

Chapter End Notes:

My writing is sooo unbeta'd so sorry for any countless mistakes! I assure you English is my first language lol.