- Text Size +
The months have drifted by for I and Michael our classes hectic as always but I have noticed him always distancing himself and that worries me what could he be possible thinking about?

I have asked but he won't say anything for now I hope he opens up to me about it eventually.

It's half way into our senior year and everything has flown by so fast but on a normal day we received some unexpected news from Mr.Smith.

Our tutor has mentioned that a few lucky students have been selected to sit for the final exams to finish our senior year and he clarified that this is something that the school doesn't do often but they were pleased with the amount of scores in the last exams that the school board decided that it should be brought back this year.

Everyone in the class including Michael and I were excited at the chance to finish school early and finish it once and all for good this time
.
The day came for who would be the selected few to get a chance at doing the exams. Mr.Smith came into the class holding his usual papers and sat on his chair.

We all looked at him waiting for him to talk after a few agonising minutes he brought out the paper and began to read the few names.

Michael and I's names were called out and I was so happy I did a small victory cheer but Michael quickly hushed me but the smile on his face indicated something else entirely.

After the class ended Michael and I walked out the class holding hands and we spoke about the exams on our way to Lunch.

"This is so exciting Michael! If we pass this exams we can leave this dump and perhaps get our plans ready for college! " I exclaimed excited about the idea of leaving this place behind.

Michael chuckled and brought my hand to his lips and said lovingly "I won't care where we go love as long as I'm with you" his chocolate eyes drinking me in.

I blushed bashfully and giggled sweetly "Aww that's so sweet Michael, your too goofy"

Michael rolled his eyes and dropping his arm down along with mine, bent his tall frame down to kiss me tenderly and pulled away a little early for my liking.
We continued our walk to Lunch and the rest of the day went by..

Another month passed by and now it was time to put our studious effort into practice and hopefully pass with flying colours.

Only equipped with coffee and a light breakfast for us both and Michael nervously shuffling his feet waiting outside the door.

we were called in with the other lucky students who were just as nervous as we were.
The modulators scattered us all over the room and they gave us a few seconds to bring out our pencils and other equipment needed.

Prayering silently in my mind to calm my jitterish thoughts I gave Michael the thumbs up for good luck and he did the same.

The exam papers were handed out with extra sheets of paper and that was when the exam started.

Two hours later after writing and rubbing out mistakes for any of my anwers, the modulator announced that the exam was over and we should flip over our papers.

I quickly checked my paper and I was actually pleased for the moment but when I saw a mistake it was too late to try and go back to correct it, the paper was already taken away and we were told after all the papers were retrieved and allowed to leave.

The only noise that was allowed in the room was the shuffling of bags and chairs being pushed back. We all went out the door and when I got outside waiting for Michael to walk out.

He had the expression of relief and worry mingled together.

"So how do you think you did Michael?" I asked and we walked away from the room.

"I think I did alright love..there were some questions I just wish I could have answered properly" he replied biting his lip anxiously.

I reassured him "don't worry about applehead as long as you did your best!...now to celebrate why don't you buy me a hot dog Hm?"

Michael chuckled and rolled his eyes while we walked "gurl you and your food...makes wonder if you have a baby in there with the way you eat" he teased while poking my flat stomach.

I stopped in his path and glared at him placing my arms on my hips "are you calling me fat applehead!" I retorted jokingly.

He grinned cheekily and pulling me into his arms said innocently "no ma'am" and pecking my lips.

I narrowed my eyes up at him and poked his nose "you better not be applehead" and we went down the hall way to Lunch feeling grateful and relived that this exam was over yet hopeful we could pass.

After Lunch we went back to classes and the final bell for the end of the day rang and now Michael and I were licking our strawberry flavoured lollipops underneath the cool breeze under the oak tree three metres or so from the school.

Our lollipops finished Michael and I sat crossed legged from each other.
"Does this remind of you of a certain memory applehead?" I hinted sweetly while scratching my chin.

"Yes it does love..involves my poor head being banged into I think I still have the mark from so long ago" he said rubbing his forehead and grinning cheekily.

I snorted and pushed his shoulder roughly laughing at his subtle hints but he pulled my arm along with him and in our usual fashion we toppled onto the soft grass and I landed on top of him.

"So Amber have you thought about what I said?" He asked.
"About what?" I asked confused about what he was talking about.

"I'm talking about the time I told you my plans for leaving this place and I told you to think about it since then...I'm ready for my answer"

He looked at me waiting for my answer, to be honest I had been thinking on and off about whether I wanted to go with him but it always lead to the issue of college.

"Applehead can't we just move away instead? Go to the furthest college away from Joseph and Gary it would be a new adventure for us" I suggested.

Michael sighed and groaning in frustration "have you forgotten all the threats Joseph has implied from the start Amber? He will do anything to get me to join the business...even if it means hurting you to get to me he will do it I never want to see you hurt love..so please come along with me I need you by my side"

When he mentioned the threats my mind flashed back to all the threats Joseph had said on several occasions and my stomach tightened in fear, he was right.

He had tried to help me stay away but my stubborn and nosey self had already dug a hole I couldn't climb out, my mind was made up.

"When are we leaving?" I said smiling at him and his lips bloomed into a happy smile and he sat into a sitting position where as I slided into his lap.

"I'm so happy your coming with me button" he crooned lovingly and pulling my face to his, he kissed me deeply for a moment and we cuddled each other alittle longer before we made our way
Home.
Chapter End Notes:

The story is coming to an end 😭 but don't worry the sequel is in the works! 😄... Mj has persuaded Amber .any thoughts ?