- Text Size +

Faith:


It's been two days since I last saw Michael which is totally understandable, his family flew all way from Africa to come see him and he needs his time with them.

At the moment I was laying down snuggled in my covers reading a good book with a hot cup of Coca on my table as music played slowly in the background.

The door was opened automatically I grabbed my stuffed teddy bear and Michael walked in without a single bodyguard as he raised his arms in surrender exclaiming panicked "don't do it! It's me"

I dropped the stuffed toy as Michael walked into the room and pushed my duvet away and slid in, his long legs entwined mine as he drew me close to his warm chest.

"You missed me that much Michael, you had to ruin my cosiness" I said sarcastically.


He chuckled tiredly and said "I've missed your way with words my Liberian Queen"

I looked at him from reading my book "oh a new version to the old nickname?"

"Yes you are my queen and you should be treated as such no?"


"Whatever .. past me my Coca on the desk" I asked him, he used one long arm to bring the Coca towards me without taking some for himself.


"Michael! What I have told you about drinking from my drink?" I complained as I grabbed my drink from his hands.


"To not take a sip out of it or face your wrath" he pouted adorably.

I rolled my eyes and sighed forgiving him for his forgetfulness and I suddenly recalled talking to mum a day earlier about inviting the royal family to a lunch this Saturday before they left the following day.

Sipping my Coca and asking kindly "so Michael mum invited your family to come join us for a lunch this saturday"

 

Michael grinned when he heard the news of 'lunch' and he gladly accepted saying the family will be there this saturday.


The meddling urge to ask Michael about his overconfident cousin was too much and I asked after getting him to return the cup back on the desk "soo what's up with you and prince kenia? I could literally see sparks when you glared at each other"

I watched him take a deep breath as he prepared to tell me the whole issue between them both.

 

"Kenia and I have always had competition over everything from women to our studies...practically everything has to be a damn competition"

as he rolled his eyes and tightened his hold on me as he began to get lost in his thoughts.


Seeing Michael was getting lost in his thoughts I poked his nose to snap him out of it.


"Liberian Queen don't do that" he whined as he scrunched his defined nose and I rolled my eyes snapping lightly back at him,

"then don't get lost in your thoughts Michael and don't let prince kenia get to you while he's still here, ignore him"

 

He smiled happily as he crooned tenderly "your so good to me my queen, I hope you know that" and he bent his head down to kiss me sweetly.

 

After letting go I smiled "hmm I have my moments"

 

We continued to sit in the comfortable silence enjoying each others company.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoy this chapter 😄