- Text Size +


The next day...

The next day arrived and exactly at one o'clock in the afternoon, Queen Mabel and her set of bodyguards (including Jim) we're on their way to Princess Oriya's home.

In the car Queen Mabel nervously adjusted her head scarf tightening it over and over again which Jim noticed as an act of nervousness.

"Your majesty please relax" Jim said in a soothing voice.

"How can I Jim? Even though we have planned thoroughly will this plan work?" She said in a worried and frantic tone.

"Everything will be fine, I have everything needed on me to get this done" Jim said smiling crookedly.

"Oh Jim you can get any girl with that smile of yours" Queen Mabel replied while she blushed.

"I'm fine without a woman" Jim replied.

"Are you sure? How about Miss.Faith's friend? Oh what is her name? Nicole?" Queen Mabel said smiling cheekily.

"Her name is Phoebe your majesty and we are just friends" Jim protested to her.

But she didn't believe but the change of topic helped stir away from her worried thoughts as they continued to talk until they arrived at her sister's palace.

The door opened and Queen Mabel stepped out elegantly out of the car, she saw upfront her sister speedily walking towards her.

Princess Oriya was dressed in a long and flowing crystallised red and orange dress that clung to her chubby frame. She was light skinned but she was two shades darker than her son.

But she shared the same smile as kenia, Oriya swept Mabel into her arms while Mabel hugged her back awakardly.

Princess Oriya ended the hug and looking over at her older sister who radiated elegance and timeless beauty.

"Oh look at you sister, you are so slim as always Eh? You need some meat on your bones" She said in greeting but Queen Mabel detected a thin layer of jealousy in her words.

"Lovely to see you as well sister, let's go inside to chat more instead of being under this heat?" Queen Mabel suggested smoothly.

"Of course sister let us go into my garden, the gardener did some new flowers, looks exquisite" Princess Oriya replied.

The two sisters walked (with their set of bodyguards into the garden).

Arriving into the garden their noses taking in the beautiful aroma around them. The garden was truly magnificent as Queen Mabel's eyes swept over the flowers blooming in a burst of colours around her.

Soon enough they were sat at the table and chairs arranged for the princess and her guest.

A servant poured cold ice tea into their individual glasses and stepped back holding the jug in her hands ready to pour more if needed.

The topic at the moment was Prince Kenia's
crowning which irked Queen Mabel hearing her big mouthed sister talk on and on about her baby's achievements from birth up to now.

Queen Mabel only nodded her head at the rambling, thinking how she could get Jim to grab Kenia's birth certificate.

She drank faintly waiting for her sister to stop talking but it looked she wouldn't for awhile by the looks of it.

But it all went down hill when she heard her sister spitefully spat in glee about Michael "oh I knew my baby would be one step ahead over Mighael it was foreseen because kenia is talented and great to run this country to be a great like our father did"



Queen Mabel fed up about Oriya trashing her child over his inheritance, which was his in the first place.

"Think before you speak Oriya because I will not take any more of your trash over my son! He is the rightful heir to his father's throne and no else should have come to steal it away from him" she snapped icily to Oriya.

"My baby has his place over your son, accept it sister that he is taking over!" Oriya replied hotly.

While the argument was going on Jim stood by the rest of the bodyguards who were watching what was going on between the two feuding relatives.

He choose to the make the excuse of going to the bathroom while they argued to hopefully retrieve the birth certificate and any other documents.

He strolled down the hall way and asked one of the servants where the master bedroom of the king and queen were.

"Why?" The servant asked suspicious.

"Her majesty asked me to bring down the family photo album for Queen Mabel to see" Jim lied.

"Alright I can take you there" the gullible servant replied, turning around and started walking along while Jim briskly followed behind.

Five minutes later Jim was in the master bedroom of Princess Oriya and her husband.

He turned around and said to the servant"I can take it from here, thanks for your help"

The servant knowing he wasn't needed went on his way back to his duties leaving Jim in the room.

Now if I were Prince kenia's documents where would I be? Jim thought in his mind as his eyes gazed around the room.

He decided to start his search stepping into the walk in closet, he looked around to see several shelves with clothes and shoes stacked neatly.

Jim bending to his knees looked to see the cupboards had a pincode lock which he hoped wouldn't be too hard to solve.

He racked his brain wondering what the code could possibly be, so he tried the independence date, access denied.

So after the second time and still he was denied, he risked the chance of using Prince Kenia's Birthday unfortunately he'd been around to many of his birthdays as a young boy with Prince Michael to have memorized it.

'Ping! The sound brought a smile to Jim's lips and the cupboard door opened. Jim now dropping to his knees shuffled though the papers until he found a brown, dusty envelope.

Jim pulling the envelope held it in front of him and read the feminine writing on the front.

'Prince Kenia's birth documents'

"I've finally found what I came here for" Jim said sighing in relief and quickly went into his blazer pocket to bring out his pocket knife and skillfully opened the envelope.

Jim carefully slide out the first document which happened to be Kenia's birth certificate. He dropped the pocket knife by his side and read the details until his eyes found where Kenia's father name was written wasn't his father but a completely different person.

My suspicions weren't wrong, I better take this and leave I've been gone too long as it is..Jim thought in his mind.

So he searched the rest of the folder just in case and found he didn't need anything else, he folded the birth certificate placing it into his left pocket and picked up his pocket knife after cleaning the mess.

Returning swiftly back to the gardens he was sad to see that the two sisters were still fighting but hadn't turned to a physical affair just yet.

Chapter End Notes:

Enjoy! Comments are loved 😘