- Text Size +

 

Faith:

It was another quiet afternoon sitting at the desk waiting for more customers and watching Uncle’s store/library for him.

I still didn’t understand uncle Zane’s crazy idea of opening a library and store together! I sometimes wonder if that uncle of mind is popping pills or if I should recommend mum if he should be taken to the mental intuition. I thought to myself scrolling though my Samsung phone.

Until a soft male voice spoke up saying “um ma’am” I looked up and stared into a largest brown eyes I had ever seen on a man. He looked quiet relevantly normal with his hat concealing his head of curls and his plain clothes.

I straightening up my posture and smiled falsely “hello sir, how may I help you?”

He nervously asked “ I wanted to burrow a book but I don’t have a card to do so, I was wondering if you would help me make an account?” at the end of that he smiled bashfully clearly embarrassed.

I tightened my smile and said calmly “yes sir, that is no problem I can show how to get your self registered and such” Ok this just clearly strange, a young guy like himself not able to register himself? I expect this from the older generation but in this day and age? Oh whatever I’m tired might as well get over and done with. I mused to myself irritated.

After taking the time to helping him register, I helped him burrow the book and slipped in the front page the return date of the book and told him.

 

As I handed the book to him, his large hand fell on my small hand he said a tint of smugness in his voice “um I’m Michael Jackson”

 

His big brown eyes pinned on me, the hint of smugness clear in his smile, I removed his hand from my mine and blankly stared at him “So…?” I trailed off confused.

 

So he gave me his name? I didn’t care for that it was too darn early for this name forth play. I thought annoyed.

 

Michael, glad I could help” I answered sweetly, hoping he would leave and not return for some time.

 

He nodded his head, grabbing the book and left as fast as his legs could possibly go.

 

I took a huge sigh of relief seeing he had left until my average heighted uncle walked into the store just narrowly bumping into him as he walked away.

 

My uncle danced his way up to me and said happily loudly “My darling niece!, How’s business been today so far and who was that fetching young man?”

 

I sighed embarrassed and answered him coolly “well uncle Zane as usual the store is not too busy and that man you narrowly passed by was a new member for the library”

 

He chuckled humoured “well that is wonderful my niece, now I had an idea for the store to with discuss you…how do you think of lights and….”

 

After uncle began to ramble about his new ideas for the store, I listened but was also thinking of all the assignments I had left untouched.

Meanwhile at the hotel…

 

After an hour Michael finally coming back to the hotel with his book in his hand, opened the door of his suite to see his bodyguards discussing a particular topic until the door opened and they saw their prince.

 

They all rushed towards him apart from Jim who crossed his arms a look of disappointment in his expression.

 

Michael smiled knowing he was in trouble, removing his hat then scratching his head in embarrassment.

 

Jim unfolded his arms pushing his way though the other bodyguards shouted an order for them to back up and he would talk to the prince. Hearing that the bodyguards went back to their duties.

 

Jim and Michael walked back into his room while the prince began to pull his coat off and said to break the ice between them “it is really hot in here Jim, much better than the cold out there” his south African accent thickening as he spoke and nervously looked away from his best friend.

 

Jim demanded calmly “where did you go your highness? Your disappearance had I and the rest of the bodyguards worried sick, we thought you had been kidnapped or worse killed!”

His young highness snorted and said care freely “kidnapped? Killed? Oh you make me laugh Jim, how would I be known with these clothes on? No one recognised who I was! It was exciting being able to go out without being know and I didn’t go far it was only a book store which strangely had a library attached”

 

Jim rubbed a hand down his face and said aggravated “your highness, what you don’t understand is you lied to us and didn’t tell us truly where you off to or better yet didn’t even leave a note”

 

His highness continued to take off his shoes “I do not need to be babysat like a child Jim, remember your place” the hint of authority in his voice made Jim change his mind about scolding his prince any further.

 

Jim seeing he had gone over the line said tiredly “I did not mean to do defy you or make you feel like a child sir, it’s just we were worried about you and her royal highness called asking for you”

 

His highness froze when he heard his mother called asked curiously “what did she ask?”

 

Jim shrugged his shoulders and answered warily “she asked of you sir and I told her a lie that you had a nap, you should call her back to confirm it sir”

 

Michael barked out in laughter “good work Jim! I knew you would not let me down maybe I’ll go on more alone trips more often eh?” he smiled cheekily while patting his favourite bodyguard’s broad shoulder.

 

Jim glared at his prince and sighed in defeat “your majesty would you like something to be ordered for you to eat?”

 

Michael grinned and asked excitedly “if it’s not too much on the staff if they could bring me a stack of waffles and pancakes, I’m feeling a sweet tooth today”

 

His highness paused and continued “also when I went to the store Jim I saw this beautiful girl at the desk, when I said my name to introduced myself she didn’t know who I was! it was strange I thought my presence would be well known all over the country by now”

 

Jim chuckled humoured “well maybe your majesty she does not watch tv sir” His highness smirked and said determined “no matter what I will find her, she has intrigued my interest”

 

 

Jim shook his head and went to order his prince’s sugar filled meal from the telephone across the suite.

Chapter End Notes:

 

I was giggling when i wrote this chapter, Poor prince michael and now our herione Faith has been introduced, do you think the way she treated him is unfair? i would love to hear what you think :D.

 

- Oh updates won't be so regular with this story as i do with 'I found that Girl' depends on inspiration :)