- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know it's been a while since I updated! Due to work and being too tired to write but I finished the bits I wrote off for you and here it is! The next chapter in our royals couple's lives.


Two months have passed since the news of Faith’s pregnancy, his majesty wasn’t taking any chances with this second chance made sure she was monitored every step of the way which Faith didn't like her every move being watched.


She was relieved at least the media didn't find out about her current pregnancy.They only presumed she was still griefing over the lost of her other child. So she was free to enjoy her pregnancy momentarily without any stress.


Currently she was laying comfortably on her bed with Michael who couldn’t resist putting his head on the crown of her semi flat stomach trying to hear their child kick whiile she could laughed at his attempts.


“you do realise I won’t start showing till around next month Michael?” she told him sarcastic.


Michael pulled his head away from her and glared at her playfully, she chuckled at his expression.


“I know that my Queen I just can’t wait to see our child, it will definetly be something to photograph it as we go on” he replied beaming at her.


Faith rolled her eyes at him and Michael pouted at her dismissal.


Michael couldn’t help but stare at the subtle glow in her cheeks as he watched the smirk appear on her plump lips. 


His brown eyes darkened in arousal as he slowly bent down to kiss her lips and they kissed slowly, the kiss quickly deepened but the knock from the door interrupted them from going any farther..


Faith sighed against his lips as he pulled away to sit by her side.
"Enter" he barked.


The door opened to reveal one of Michael’s advisors who walked confidently into the room to inform the king and queen that press wanted an inclusive interview about them to tell the world and their country that they were expecting an heir soon as well as giving their thanks to the tremedious support they’ve received from fans all over the world.


Michael didn’t want the world to know for the meantime about the pregnancy until she was showing more but Faith disagreed to his surprise.


“But why my queen? Shouldn’t we be careful? I don’t want anything to happen” the ever worrying king asked her.


“I know your worried isn’t it better to do it now instead when the press will try to hound us when my pregnancy is later showing?” she reasoned to him.
His majesty sighed seeing reason in her statement and told the advisor to schedule the interview for next week.


They spent the rest of the day in bed enjoying each others company.


Meanwhile in London...


In the playground where the young preteens siblings were sitting on the benches with their group of friends gathered around them eager to hear stories from their trip in South Africa.


"You didn't see a lion! I bet you didn't" one of their friends accused clearly jealous by their trip abroad.


"We did stop being so jealous" Eddie replied not bothering to look up from his game.


"If you don't want to be here just go!" Jules said to the jealous friend who huffed and stomped away.


"now that he's gone any more questions?" Eddie asked eyes glued to his phone.
"Ooh is it true your sister queen faith is pregnant again?" A girl named Susie asked excitedly.


"How do you know that?!" Jules shouted in reply accidently confirming the rumour.


"Jules! You've just done something stupid sis won't be happy when she hears about this" he said to her now looking up to glare into the identical periwinkle coloured eyes.
"Ooops" she replied sheepish.


The twins made all their friends promise to not to tell a soul about the news, but one friend rambled unfortunately lead to the media finding out escalating the rumours into crazy proportions.

The next day...


When Faith woke up in the morning she didn't think or expect to see the news broadcasting about her sudden pregnancy when she turned on the TV. 


She shook her snoring husband beside her until he woke up which he wasn't pleased about.


"What? I'm up" he said sleepily.


"Look at the TV Michael and tell me what you see" she said to him, he blinked sleepily before turning his gaze to the TV listening to the news.
"How did they find out!" He exclaimed upset.


All the effort to keep the news of the pregnancy under wraps dissolved before him.


"Well looks like the interview will have to be pushed for later this evening" Faith replied calmly.


"Yes my queen your right I'll get one of the advisors to call one of the good news channels" he replied now over his shock and got up from his side not before leaving kissed her forehead and went to sort out his schedule.


The evening arrived and the top news station in the country known as 'SA Newz' was setting up their equipment in one of the many vacant rooms in the palace.


While Faith and Michael sat one on of the many coaches waiting for them to finish setting up.


Faith was a bundle of nerves she wasn't used to being on TV and praying she wouldn't mess up in her answers.


Michael was calm knowing what to expect, he was used to being in the spotlight and it didn't faze him he just wanted to comfort his pregnant wife who currently was fidgeting in her seat next to him.

"Please my lovely one calm down" he asked whispering lowly for only her ears to hear.


"How can I be when I will be facing the world with our news please do tell me how I can be calm?" She said to him sarcastic.


"Don't worry my queen you will be fine just be yourself" he said in a soothing voice and squeezed her hand in comfort.


"Says the person who's used to being in front of the camera" she retailed snappishly.


Before Michael could even retort back a reply, a crew member approached them and told them that they were set up and ready to start.
The news reporter who was a tanned blue eyed and brunette haired woman in a causal long white top and lime green skirt walked up to them bowing in respect before she greeted them genuinely excited to talk to them.


She got herself a chair and sat in front of them, sensing the nerves vibes from her highness she cracked a few jokes which luckily took her mind off it before she signalled a crew member to get the camera rolling.


3...2...1


The guy signalled to the three of them until they heard the quiet ping.
Before the interview started a short footage of Michael played introducing him and who he was before mentioning Faith briefly just as the video camera slowly turned to face them.


Interview:


Olivia (interviewer): hello everyone today we have the rare but exciting chance to talk to our king and queen who had the time to talk to us today. How are you both this fine afternoon??


Michael: I'm perfectly fine and yourself?
Olivia: I'm fine myself.


Faith: I'm alright.


The nerves Faith felt flew out of the window now that she felt more at ease due to the bubbly and chilled personality.


Olivia: let's jump right into the most requested question that is on everyone's lips! How did you both meet was it love at first sight??
Michael: it was for me because I wanted to get to know the elegant woman in front of me.


Faith: I clearly remember something else Michael you came into uncles Zane library and tried getting with me when you mentioned your name??
Michael: I was a little over the top I admit that but I couldn't help it I just wanted to have you.


Olivia watched on cooing inwardly at their relationship.


Olivia: sounds like her highness wasn't attracted to you King Michael..then how did he make you fall?


Michael: it took some time for her to fall for me and stop doubting her own insecurities but she wouldn't be mine if we didn't have our ups and down like any other couple.


Faith: he's right if it wasn't for him hounding me down and trying to make me believe in myself I wouldn't be here by his side.


Olivia: apart from that did your family accept the union between the both of you? Excuse me if this sounds rude since her majesty was a commoner and you were from a royal line of mighty warriors?

Michael: well it didn't matter to me if she was a commoner all I cared about was finishing my education as well finding a woman who would love me for me and not my riches. I'm happy I found her and she's here with me today.

Faith: to be fair in the beginning if he hadn't pestered me to be his friend and eventually girlfriend I wouldn't have ever known that I would be his wife one day going back to my life as it always.


But if I hadn't met him my life would have been quite boring hm?

Michael: if you hadn't met me we wouldn't be where we are today hm? Your life would still be boring without me.

Faith: I sometimes forget how cocky you can be at times Michael.

Michael: you love it my queen you can't deny it.

Olivia: you guys are so precious I hope one day I find someone special who will love me for me. But what happened to his ex highness? All we heard he was vanished away including Prince Kenia can you explain that?

Faith sensing Michael's annoyance hearing about his cousin and father chose to answer this time instead.

Faith: well you see prince Kenia wanted to take Michael's chance at the throne any cost while Joel favored him over his own son can you believe that foolishly? I didn't either that is the honest truth.

Olivia: well that certainly has opened my eyes over the antics that the royal family go through. I don't know how you guys do it.

Michael: indeed but it will only give us thicker skin instead.

Olivia: one last question...I'm seeing a small bump showing is it true your pregnant your highness? Was it expected after the death of the other one..?


Just hearing about the death of her previous child bought tears to Faith's eyes. Michael took out his pocket handkerchief and gave it her.

While she dabbed her tears Michael chose to reply.

Michael: the lost of our...little one was hard on us both but we are here today stronger than ever and yes she's pregnant but everything is being monitored at the moment. We are truly blessed to have begin given this second chance.

Olivia sensed the conversation from her question had ripped the healed wounds for the reigning king and queen which she didn't want to do since this interview was once in a lifetime deal and she already saw a fat paycheck floating above her head.

She chose to change the subject to the latest pregnancy ending the interview on a short but sweet note.

The interview finally over to Faith's relief sat by her husband asking about her delivery on camera, he assured her she did a great job.

Eventually they moved away from the room spending another day together relaxing and finishing the next of the evening with Phoebe and Jim.

Chapter End Notes:

Comments are loved!

I hope it's not too short smh.

Enjoy!