- Text Size +

Michael:

It was another day in class, listening to the lecturer who ranted on and on about the chosen topic for the day. I continued to doodle in my notebook while avoiding the looks from my classmates.

The lecturer finally finished talking and dismissed the class for lunch; I walked down the rows of stairs and went up to the front of the door where my bodyguards waited. I strolled out the door and they followed until we were walking down the semi deserted corridors.

As we walked down the hall, I spotted Liberian beauty I had seen from my adventure a few weeks ago. I shouted gleefully hoping to catch her attention “Liberian girl!” she turned her head around, her big brown eyes piercing into mine, when she recognized me however she began to walk away quickly.

I whispered to the bodyguard to bring the girl wearing navy blue jeans and a peached colour top to me. He nodded his head and swiftly carrying her bridal style and dropped her in front of me gently while she sneered at me while I smiled happily upon seeing her beauty in front of me.

.

.

.

.

Faith’s Pov:

It was another day coming out of my typical classroom, I was walking down the corridors, when I heard a gleefully call “Liberian girl” I turned my head once I heard that call and I recognized the face of Prince Michael in all his shiny expensive clothes.

I expressed my shock, I looked around to see no one had been around to see or hear his choice of words. Using my short legs I began to walk away from this lunatic as fast a possible until I was swiftly carried bridal style by one of his bodyguards while he did so, I was swearing at him inwardly in my mind while protesting for him to let me down.

I don’t care if he’s a prince, how dare he get his bodyguard to carry me like his flipping possession. I thought hotly to myself.

 

Which he didn’t do until he dropped me in front of the prince Michael who looked too happy to see me.

I rearranged my clothes properly while sneering at him; I crossed my arms “so? Was it necessary for you to get your bodyguard to pick me up, I could have just walked away”

His smile dimmed and he replied confused “if I had not done that you would have run away from me Liberian girl”

Ok he had a made a good point, but I would have rather run off no matter. I concluded annoyed in my mind.

“Now you brought me here, I have much better things to do then hang out with you here, so you can go back whatever it is you do”

I turned around away, feeling triumphant at my speech but that feeling faded away fast when I saw at the corner of my eye he was following behind me with his guards right beside him.

I spun around and glared “ok why are you following me? Don’t you have anything better to do then follow me?”

He took a step back when he saw my look and smiled shyly “I don’t have anyone else to talk to and you treat me like a normal person more than anyone else in the university” his eyes went down to his shoes.

I felt my heartstrings tug at his words, I couldn’t help but feel pity for the Prince, and his whole demeanour portrayed his lonelinessSwallowing my pride I sighed in defeat and told him lightly “ok fine, you can come with me to lunch, just don’t annoy me”

When he heard that he beamed happily and nodded his head in agreement.

We made our day down to lunch hall, completely ignored the whispers and looks of people around us as we walked there.

Arriving at the lunch hall, we entered into the hall; the hall was quite until we walked in, the atmosphere suddenly more electric with the sudden talk buzzing around the room from every group all talking at once.

It was a little scary seeing everyone’s eyes pinned on us both at the moment. Until I saw Phoebe waving cheerily from a few seats away from where we stood.

I and his ‘highness’ quickly got our meals at the counter, paying separately after his highness kept trying to pay for my meal, I shrugged him off and paid for my own meal.

Everyone’s eyes followed us after we walked to the free table where Phoebe was eating her meal. We both sat down and ate in silence for a few minutes until Phoebe opened her mouth, kicking my leg under the table “So Faith, introduce me to your new friend hm?” I glared at her and did the introduction “Phoebe, prince Michael”

Afterwards I continued to my meal not caring about the looks I was getting from the both of them.

Phoebe decided to introduce herself “well I am Phoebe your highness as my friend over there inclined, how are you enjoying your stay in Britain so far?”

Prince Michael swallowing his food before talking smiled happily in reply “I am truly enjoying my stay here I just don’t like the weather it is too cold for my liking” he joked at the last line.

Phoebe giggled at his joke “well your highness, you and the millions of people living here will agree with you”

I snorted at her reply and continued to eat my meal but that didn’t last long until prince Michael raising an eyebrow inquired “oh? You do not like the cold Liberian Girl?”

I rolled my eyes answering rudely “the name’s Faith use it would you? ---“ Before I could continue Phoebe interrupted scolding heatedly “Faith!” I continued “to answer your question Prince Michael I love winter so your opinion does not matter to me” with that I got up holding my discarded food, dropped it into the bin and walked out of the hall.

After that lunch appointment, I found out I shared one class together with the prince (oh joy) but that still it didn’t stop him from sitting near me in class or at lunch time. So I had to tolerate his presence and let him stay with me and he had become a friend in the following months as we sat next to each other.

It was now three or four mouths since I’ve known Prince Michael, we were sitting in the empty section of the library (his bodyguards sectioned all over room) in the university trying to study for a coming test we had the following day.

As we both studied, the quiet atmosphere that didn’t last long until he decided to open his mouth and asked “Liberian girl? What is your ordinary family like?”

I looked up and repeated for the 100th time “my name is Faith, Prince Michael repeat it after me –F-A-I-T-H” He rolled his eyes “well that is my nickname for you until you call me only Michael” I retorted sarcastically “not in a million years”

He titled his head confused “not in a million years? What does this new riddle mean Liberian girl?”

Closing my eyes to count to ten in my mind and reopening my eyes I answered referring back to his original question “well prince Michael, ordinary family you say? My family is as ordinary as you can get, I have twin siblings, both my parents and nothing more”

He was about to open his mouth to ask more questions about my family but it was really none of his business to know my family’s business.

I changed the topic to his family, replying he told me shrugging his shoulders “well as you know Liberian girl, I am an heir to the throne, it was only given to me because the rest of my siblings didn’t want to take the throne and my younger siblings are too young to take the throne, you must read the gossip magazines you have here”

 

“I don’t have the time or energy to be reading such gossip, those magazines are purely a waste of time” I answered. His expression turned thoughtful for a moment and he stood up taking his books with him, as he walked away wishing me a pleasant afternoon, I didn’t see him after that for some time.

Chapter End Notes:

well Faith is being mysterious about her family to his royal highness how sucipsicous eh? lol~
I hope you enjoyed the next chapter do tell me what you think :)