- Text Size +

Michael:

 

I walked down the quiet halls with one or two of my bodyguards who have been with me since the day I could walk and talk.

 

I was walking down the halls to father’s office he had requested to have a small meeting with me accompanied by Mother about my education.

 

A few minutes later I walked up to the lavishly decorated gold door with our family symbol. I knocked softly on the door and a deep voice shouted swiftly “Enter!”

 

I opened the door and letting myself in seeing Mother looking beautiful as always in her royal attire.

 

As usual our bodyguards were standing in motion around the room, Mother seeing me smiled sweetly standing up holding her slim arms outwardly to hug me.

 

I walked into her warm embrace and held her for a few seconds until I let go. I walked up to the desk where Father sat, shook his hand firmly then sat down waiting for either of them to speak.

 

They both eyed each other briefly and mother spoke first, fiddling with the folds on her sky blue jewelled dress. “Son, I have been hearing from your father that you have been rejecting every type of girl who has come into the palace and also----“

 

I interrupted her groaning in annoyance “Mother not this topic again!” father snapped irritated “Boy do not interrupt your mother, apologize” and he turned his head to her and said a hint of tenderness in his voice “please continue dear”

 

I mumbled my apologize to mother, she nodded in response then continued what she was saying previously “Now like I was saying Son, I wanted to ask why do you not wish to continue your education at home?”

 

I sighed looking down at the floor before looking into my parent’s eyes. I spoke excitedly “Mother and Father, I want to explore more of the outside world beyond our country, I want to see the sights what it’s like! To experience the culture, the people and the attractions they have there” I spread my hands outwards to express my point even more.

 

Mother’s expression was distressed, she asked worriedly “but Son the world outside our beautiful country isn’t always friendly, people will only try to use you when you leave South African soil”

 

I nodded my head and said more calm “Yes, mother I understand completely what you mean Mother but it I think it is time I travelled on my own I am not a child anymore, isn’t it better now that I am a man and have more wisdom, what do you say Papa?” I stopped calling father that name years ago since the day I grew from a boy to a man in his eyes. But I did want to leave this country as soon as possible; no one said anything about sweetening the deal.

 

Father turned his head and looked me in the eye for a few seconds; I held my breath staring back at him waiting for his answer.

 

Eventually Father exhaled and said in a defeated tone “Maghiel, fine you can go to whenever place you want to go, just be careful and make sure no one takes any disadvantage of you, do hear you me? And while you there find your future bride as well”

 

I held the urge to jump off my chair and dance around in excitement like a small child. I got up from my seat and grinned happily at them both, bowing my head in respect towards them, I said joyfully “Thank you father and mother I won’t let you both down and this is going to be great fun, I can’t wait to leave” completely ignoring the part on finding a bride who would be willing to come back with me.

 

Mother and father chuckled amused at my answer and I went out the door, whistling a tune as I walked down the hall to start preparing for my daily tasks for the day.

 

 

 

Two weeks later…

 

Getting off our the family private Jet since it was my second time on a plane I felt my breakfast somersault in my stomach as I made my way slowly down the stairs wobbling and looking up to see a crowd of people surrounding the jet while the bodyguards were creating a circle pushing overzealous people back.

 

Before I had arrived Father had gotten my passport changed to Michael Jackson instead so it would be easier for the British people to pronounce my name which I agreed fully on, I don’t want them to ruin my heritage by saying my name wrongly.

 

I saw many people holding banners that were decorated in different styles saying ‘welcome prince Michael’ or ‘welcome to England prince Michael’.

 

I did find it a little daunting, I thought my arrival was to be kept a secret for a while until I got used to the country atmosphere. But by the looks of it that was not case. I waved to everyone and baring a small smile to all the people around.

 

Finally we got into the car, speed off to the hotel and I breathed a small sigh of relief. I turned around and looked at one of my closest bodyguards ‘Jim’ who’s blue eyes were watching me as we drove on.

 

I asked him sceptical “why was my arrival known? I thought mother and father paid the press to keep my arrival private?”

 

Jim sighed and said tiredly “well the British tabloids that’s what they call the news here, didn’t care and still got your arrival printed”

 

I nodded and turned my head back to the window, looking out at the passing scenery which I found to be quite fascinating their was so much nature yet so many buildings at the same time.

 I was already home sick not seeing the beautiful lush trees or pets who are missing me,  or my younger siblings who were deemed to young by mother and father to let them come along, and my other siblings all enjoying their freedom while dropping the throne onto my lap to inherit. 

Finally arriving at the hotel and having my bodyguards surround me as we entered and checked into my room that was on the last floor that gave me some privacy at least.

 

After my bags were brought to the room, and my bodyguards secured at the front door. I was alone in my new room for the next several months it wasn’t as lavish as my bedroom back home but I was all right with it.

 

 

I began to jump up and down on the bed, testing the springs in the soft mattress.  I did this for a few minutes eventually getting bored, getting off the bed and looking though my luggage to find something suitable to wear, which I finally found after digging around in my bag. After changing into my clothes I laid down on the bed closing my eyes to take a short nap.

Chapter End Notes:

here's the first chapter so far..um i hope you like it..don't worry i won't delay my other story this is just something take my mind off it when im bored lol.