- Text Size +

Before going to Neverland to visit Michael I decided to drop by the hospital by myself to check on Annie. I walked out of my house locking the door behind me as I rode a cab to the hospital. When I walked in, I went to the nurses desk again and asked if Annie was still there. It turns out that she just left an hour ago so I decided to drop by her place instead.

I knocked on the door twice before Annie’s mom opened it. I hugged her, smiling as she let me in. I saw Annie run down the stairs. “Kat, I missed you!” Annie said, tackling me. “I didn’t know you got discharged today.” I said, sitting on the couch with Annie. “Uhm yeah, sorry we didn’t had the chance to tell you. I was about to go to your place yesterday but mama told me to go straight home to get more rest” Annie explained. Well she’s over fatigued so I understand. “Well sure, it’s no problem” I chuckled as her mom made us some lemonade. “Thanks tita” I said, smiling. Her mom just smiled at me and went back to the kitchen. “By the way Annie, I’m heading over to Michael’s place, would you like to come along?” Annie looked at me as if I was crazy. “Kat, are you sure it’s okay with him?” Annie asked, unsure if she wanted to go or not. “It’ll be okay for him I’m sure. Let’s go” Annie was still reluctant to go but she went with me anyways.

When we arrived at Neverland, I saw Michael already outside of his house walking. “Mikey!” I called. Michael beamed and ran to me to give me a hug. Annie just watched us, smiling. “Annie, I’m glad you came here with Kat, welcome to Neverland” Michael said, giggling. “Thanks Michael, wow your place is beautiful” Annie said lost in her thoughts. “Come now, I’m in the mood for singing” Michael said, taking my hand “Great idea, let’s go!” We headed to his living room where his piano is while Annie just followed us. “Geez Kat do you regularly visit Michael?” Annie asked whispering. “uhm yeah, I do.” I replied. Michael pressed a few keys on the piano. “What song do you want to sing?” Michael asked us, “Uhm… Anything you would like.” I replied, grinning. “Ooh how about Human Nature?” Annie suggested. Without any word, Michael played the first few notes of the song and we started singing.

[Again I won’t post the lyrics here since you all know it]

“Whoo, are you all up for another one?” Michael asked the two of us again. “How about we move on to another instrument?” I asked, grabbing Michael’s guitar. “Well where did you get that?” Michael asked as I looked over at the spot where I got it from. “Mind if I borrow it for a while?” I asked. “Sure no problem” I sat down, and Michael turned around to face us this time. “Hey I wanna try something” I said excitedly. “What are you going to try, Kat?” Annie asked. I looked at Michael and said, “How about Smooth Criminal?” I suggested. “Oh no, Kat if you’re just trying to annoy the hell out of me don’t even” Annie was cut off by Michael agreeing, “Sure, that would be great” I looked at Annie. “It’ll be fine I promise.” I was on the verge of laughing, I just don’t understand why she gets so annoyed by the song. I started playing the guitar and we all sang together.

“See Annie it wasn’t that bad” I said, setting the guitar on its stand once again. Annie just playfully rolled her eyes, “Well just so you know I’m okay” Annie said, laughing. “Anyway, how’s your problem with Kurt?” Annie asked. “Uhm… About him I don’t know” I mumbled, looking at my two friends. “Kat you can’t just hide here forever” Annie said, rolling her eyes. “Hey I came here to visit” “Ah quit that nasty lie, will you? I know you left because of Kurt. I knew it from the start and even Michael probably knew too” Annie scoffed. “Kat, I agree with Annie. But running away from him isn’t the best solution for your problem.” Michael then said, sitting beside me. “Kat, as your friends we don’t want to see you in a state where you’re still confused and hurt as you were before. We want you to feel a sense of “closure” “ Annie said, looking at me with worry. “Kat we don’t want to see you like that” Michael sighed, putting an arm around me. “Think about what we said, okay?” Annie placed a hand on mine. I nodded “Okay” was the only word I was able to say.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry about Kat teasing the hell out of Annie too much, I just can't even- sorryyyyy.