- Text Size +

“Kat we’ve gone through all rides we could possibly go, we ate all the ice cream in here, and we’ve sang all the songs we both knew.” Michael said. I noticed he was starting to get bored because we all did everything that we can do here. “You know sometimes we can just lay on the grass and look at the skies. You know… Just us talking, relaxing” I said as I laid on the grass. “Well you’re right. Sometimes rides can be boring.” Michael chuckled as he too laid on the grass beside me. “Well I was about to ask you about what we talked about the other day” Michael said almost to himself. I glanced at him, sighing “I’ve made up my mind” I mumbled. Michael’s expression somehow changed. As if he didn’t want to hear what my answer is. His features softened as he asked, “What is it?”

“Michael I’ll go back” I quickly replied, laying on my back as I stare at the sunny blue sky above us. “Are you sure? I wouldn’t force you to stay, I wouldn’t force you to leave either.” From the tone of his voice I can sense that he was heartbroken over my decision. I don’t want to see him like this… “I’m gonna miss you, Kat” was all he said. I sat up, looking at him. Oh Michael, I’m sorry you have to go through all these. “Michael… I’m gonna miss you too, I promise we’ll keep in touch.” I said, as I held him in my arms. “Instead of moping around here let’s go to the super slide!” Michael stood, trying to enlighten up the mood. He helped me up as we climbed up to his super slide. Once we reached the top, we grabbed burlap sacks as we positioned ourselves to each slide. “Ready?” I asked, smirking. He took my hand and nodded as we slid down together, but let go when I was ahead of him already.

“That was fun” Michael said, laughing as he stood up from the slide. He helped me stand up as we laughed again. We spent the whole day playing, singing, laughing, and dancing. Things that I wouldn’t be able to do once I step onto my home town. It’ll be a busy day ahead of me. I’m really gonna miss Michael though, he’d been a good friend to me ever since we first met.

Hours and hours and hours have passed when we finally decided to call it a day. When I looked at the clock, I just noticed it was already 10 pm. “Michael uhm I’ll be going now.” I said with a sad smile. “Kat, it’s late already, how about you stay here for the night?” Michael smiled, well at least he tried to. “Uhm I don’t know Michael, is it really okay?” Michael then grabbed my shoulders and let me back to his house. “Kat no need to worry it’s fine.” We both reached the living room. “It’s very late at night already, I can’t just let you go out” I was about to protest but gave into his requests already, “Fine. But only for a night” Michael nodded at this. “Yes only for a night” I chuckled, throwing a pillow at him. “Story time!” Michael grabbed my hand, as we headed to his bedroom

I sat down on one side of his He sat down and scooted closer to me. “Who goes first?” Michael asked. “Well okay Kat you go first instead” I cleared my throat. What am I going to tell him? “Okay I got one. During prom I literally went to the DJ’s booth and during that time the song was Eric Clapton’s Wonderful Tonight and I changed it to Weird Al Yankovic’s parody of Beat It. Everyone was so mad when I changed it and I did it because my best friend asked his crush out on a dance” I said, proudly. Michael was smiling. “You ruined their moment who wouldn’t be pissed” Michael said chuckling. We spent the whole evening talking about various stuff. Mostly it was my adventures in the Philippines when I wasn’t busy yet. We had a lot of fun talking about different things until it was time for us to sleep. Sadly, I was knocked out first accidentally sleeping in his bed.

When I awoke, I looked around the place and realized I slept on his bed. Realizing he didn’t sleep on the same bed, I looked for him around the bedroom and realized he slept on the couch. I went downstairs and helped the cooks prepare breakfast instead. At first they didn’t let me but after convincing them they finally let me help. Michael went downstairs for breakfast and we ate breakfast together. “Sorry ‘bout that, I didn’t realize I fell asleep. How was yours?” I asked, drinking water. “No worries, mine was good. How about yours?” He asked sleepily. “Well I had a good night’s sleep though I felt bad for letting you sleep on the couch” Michael chuckled, “What do you mean by that huh” I looked at him, “Nothing at all. I wasn’t thinking about anything” I retorted, blushing a bit. “Look who’s blushing I wasn’t even thinking about anything too” Really this conversation has gone awkward. We both continued our breakfast in awkward silence. After breakfast, I coaxed Michael into jogging with me. After a while, we headed to the front gate so I can finally go home and freshen up.

Chapter End Notes:
Awww Kat decided to go back :( Obviously Michael is sad. Kat is too. :(