- Text Size +

“Kat, you have to finish these drawings before Monday okay?” Yelled one of my coworkers. When I went back to the Philippines I went back to college to study Animation and Game Development. I was able to get a job in an animation studio here too. Things have been going smooth in my life. I kept constant contact with Michael until he said he’ll be busy. I sipped on my cup of coffee as I stretched my arms out. Man, I’ve been sitting here all day drawing.

“Kat you got a visitor!” I looked at the door and noticed it was Kurt holding a bouquet of roses. I stood up from my seat as I gave him a hug. “Flowers for my lady?” Kurt said sweetly as he handed me the bouquet. “Thanks” I smiled at him. Well, yes we’re already engaged for quite a long time. He’s amazing, really. We went outside to have our lunch break at the nearby restaurant in the office.

“Kat, I wanted to ask you something” Kurt asked as he popped a spoonful of food in his mouth. “Shoot” I replied drinking water. “Uhm… I remembered you told me about your friend in California. What was his name again?” I raised my eyebrows and said, “Oh Michael? Yeah, what about him?” I asked. “I was wondering if you wanted to visit him, since you know you told me you haven’t seen him for a long time” Kurt suggested, well he was right. I haven’t seen Michael for a long time. “Of course, I would love to. I was planning to invite him to our wedding though, you know, we should really visit him.” I said nodding. Kurt smiled at me, “And besides you told me you wanted to have our wedding there, right?” I replied with a nod. I wonder how’s Michael now? From what I’ve been hearing in the news, Michael already has three kids. Two boys and one girl, but I haven’t talked to Michael or them. "Sure I would love to” I chuckled. Kurt smiled at me and continued eating his meal.

Once my shift was done, I packed my things and let Kurt drive me to my apartment. When he drove off, I unlocked the front door and entered the house. I placed my things down on the couch and crashed down on the sofa. My god, I haven’t heard from Michael for such a long time. For some reason I can’t stop thinking about what Kurt told me earlier this lunch. “Cali huh, okay. I’ll go” I grabbed my phone and dialed my best friend, Michael’s number. A few minutes later…

“Hello?” That familiar voice said on the other end of the line. “Mikey!” Michael chuckled and said, “Whoa hey there how are you? Sorry I didn’t get to call you these past few weeks, I’ve been busy” “Don’t worry, I understand. You don’t have to apologize. Well I’m good, but guess what…” “What?” Michael asked. I crossed my legs and leaned back on the couch “I’ll be going to California.” I said, smiling. “Really? Cool! I would love to introduce you to the kids!” Michael beamed. We spent the whole time talking and talking.

“When is your flight?” Michael asked. “I haven’t booked yet, I want you to meet someone though.” I replied. “Oh let me guess who it is? Kurt right? How are you two?” I chuckled, really I knew he’ll guess it right. “We’re good, he said he wanted to meet you” Michael chuckled, “How has he been to you?” He asked. “Well he’s nice, really he’s amazing. I never thought he came looking for me when I left” I answered, chuckling. “See what I told you?” Michael said. “Since you’re done with college, what kind of job did you get?” Michael asked, changing the topic. “I work at an animation studio. I’m a conceptual artist” I responded. “Wow, really I never thought my best friend is that talented” I chuckled at his comment. “You’re flattering me too much, Michael” I said causing Michael to laugh. “Well then, I have to go, I need to put the kids to bed” Michael said in an almost whisper. “Wow what a hands-on father you are. Okay okay, see you soon” I giggled as Michael hung up. Well I can’t wait to go back.

Chapter End Notes:
Almost the end guys ^^. I really enjoyed writing this, really. :>