- Text Size +

“Annie I can’t believe it..” I felt my tears come down. “I’ve been dreaming of this for all of my life… And I can’t believe this is really gonna happen…” I started fidgeting with my dress. Annie walked up to me, smiling. “Congrats, Kat. You made it” Annie and I giggled, hugging each other. “I’ll be heading to my position now, it’s gonna start soon.” I nodded at Annie and she went back to her place. A few minutes later, the wedding music started playing and everyone started walking down the aisle.

My father stood beside me. I looked at him and gave him a big hug. “Sweetheart I’m so happy for you….” I can tell he’s trying to hold back his tears. “Are you ready?” I nodded and the church doors open in front of us. I can see a lot of my friends, family and close relatives look at me. I started to walk down the aisle with my dad. Looking over at my guests, I can see Michael and his kids just right in the near back. Michael was smiling at me and the kids were looking at me dreamily. Prince wore a black and white tuxedo. Paris was wearing a pink dress with a cute bow on the back and Blanket wore a matching outfit with Prince. Michael gave me a “thumbs up” as I walked past them. When I reached Kurt, I can’t help but admire how handsome he looks today. He was wearing an all-white outfit. While I also wore a white wedding dress. The bust part up until the waist was decorated with rhinestones and my hair was in an updo. I smiled at Kurt as he took my hand, leading me to the altar.

-Michael’s POV-

Once the church doors opened, I quickly turned around and saw Kat emerge from it. She looked so breathtaking. I can’t help but admire her beauty from here. I watched her walk down the aisle with her father. Oh how I wish it was me who she’s getting married to. Once she walked past me, I noticed she looked at me, smiling. I gave her a thumbs-up and she continued walking. I can see in her eyes that she has been waiting for this moment to come. I’m glad that her life-long dream had finally come true. I can’t help but imagine myself being in Kurt’s place. Kurt is very lucky, indeed. He better treat her right or else, I won’t forgive him. It was when Kat finally reached the altar. Kurt took her hand and he led her to the altar. The ceremony went on as I watched my best friend, my love get married to another man. During the whole ceremony, I just pictured myself being in Kurt’s place. I wanted to be the man Kat’s going to marry, but sadly. It isn’t me, it was him. I can’t blame him, though.

The wedding reception was held in the Neverland ranch. Kat was a bit hesitant because she thinks she might cause trouble but I insist. I was eating with some of Kat’s relatives and my kids until I felt a hand on my shoulder. “Michael…” I turned around and it was Kat. She wasn’t wearing that long wedding dress anymore. Instead, she wore a white knee-length sleeveless dress with white heels. I looked at her, smiling. “You look beautiful, and best wishes to you and Kurt” Kat smiled at me. “Thanks for coming to the wedding. I know you’re busy and all but - ” She reached out for a hug and I hugged her. “Come on, Kat why would I miss out my best friend’s wedding?” I chuckled as I playfully poked her. “Some things never change, huh?” Both Kat and I chuckle. “Thanks for letting me be your friend too” Kat got serious. “Kat, I’m thankful too, really.” I smiled at her. “Michael you never knew how this friendship change me, really. You’re the best friend that I ever had in my entire life. You supported me in anything I do, you always welcome me into your life and even when we have misunderstandings, you always humble yourself and take the blame for most of it. Even when it’s my fault” Kat mumbled, playing with her hair. “Kat, friendships to me are very important. Those arguments we have? It’s nothing, really. That’s what friends are for, right? Friends help and support each other through ups and downs and I’m glad to share it with you” Kat chuckled wiping a tear from her eye. “ I’m so glad I went along with Uncle Bill’s idea. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have met someone like you.” Kat giggled, taking my hand and hugging me again. “Thanks for everything, Michael. Thanks for being my best friend” I smiled at Kat, “I would like to say the same too.” Without a warning Kurt suddenly ran up to us. “Michael thanks for coming, really” I chuckled at Kurt and fist bumped with him. “I wouldn’t miss my two favorite people’s wedding, really” Kurt looked at me as if he found something new and then at Kat. “Stop being such a fanboy, Kurt” Kat said, chuckling.

Finally everyone was already home. The newlyweds went back home to prepare for their honeymoon and I went inside my house taking my kids with me. I went to my bedroom and sat by the fireplace. And this is how I lost my chance with my own best friend, Kat.

Chapter End Notes:
Finally the end! I've been trying to come up with how to write this part so I was out for one whole day. Hehe, I know they didn't end up together but hey, I might consider coming up with another one... ^_^ Hope you like it! Reviews are appreciated though :)