- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a bit longer than the other chapters... I think hehe.

It was around 1 pm and Michael and I have been walking around the zoo. I enjoy seeing the tigers and every kind of animals that he has. As much as I love nature, I also love animals because to me the kind of love they have for humans are unconditional. They are the exact epitome of what unconditional love is. We sat down on a bench watching people walk around the place. It’s either they’re taking care of the animals or the whole place.

For some reason I can’t help but look back at my life in the Philippines. My family’s okay, they’re very supportive and loving. But my main problem was a guy named Kurt. Kurt is amazing. He’s talented, he’s everything to me. I’ve known him for a long time and he’s my first love. I looked at my hands and realized that it wasn’t for uncle that I moved here. It was because of Kurt, for some reason he’s been distant to me these past few years. I ran a hand through my hair, sighing. “Kat, what’s wrong?” Michael asked as if he snapped out of his own thoughts too. “Everything’s alright Michael, how about you? You seem to be lost in thought.” Michael just chuckled to himself, “Well I just can’t help but think of what life would be like if I hadn’t met you” Wait, what did he just say? Oh wow I’m flattered. I kept quiet, letting him continue what he’s going to say. He put an arm around me and looked at the trees surrounding the place. “Well, I’ve been so lonely before I met you, I’m just glad that… Someone like you can ride along with me” I looked at him, giggling “Of course, Michael that’s what friends are for, right?” I smiled, offering a fist bump to him. He looked at it for a second and fist bumped with me. “Thanks for being here, Kat. I’m really glad your uncle introduced you to me” He beamed, pressing me closer to him a bit. “Hey I’m glad uncle introduced me to you too, being friends with new people wasn’t really that bad after all” I stated, smiling at him. We both giggled and looked at the floor.

“But you still haven’t answered my question yet” Michael then said, his tone suddenly changed. “Uhm yeah I’ve been thinking about how my life is back in the Philippines. Well you see not only I went here to visit my uncles but I was trying to forget about someone” I mumbled, looking at the floor. It’s okay to tell him about my problems right? We’re friends anyway… “uhm forget about someone? What happened?” I gazed at Michael, who now has his eyes on me. “Well there’s this guy who I liked, and his name is Kurt. We’ve known each other for a while but well he’s been distant towards me and I don’t even know why.” I started breaking down and Michael scooped me into his arms immediately, rubbing my back. “I don’t even know why this happened and even what to do. Michael have I done something wrong? Was I ugly? Was I that bad of a person?” I blustered, clinging onto his shirt for dear life. “Whenever we’re in the same place he’s arms reach but he feels so damn far away! I can’t take it anymore, Michael!” Michael just watched me cry in his arms while rubbing my back for comfort. “Kat, look there’s nothing wrong with you okay? Don’t ever think like that. You’re beautiful, you’re amazing, you’re talented, you’re kind, everything! You’re more than every man could ask for. If things between you two don’t get better, then I think it’s best to walk away and take a look around and find someone who deserves you more than him” Michael seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. I looked up at him and he was looking right at me too. “Look you don’t have to cry over someone okay? Go on and focus on something you really want to do.” Michael is right, I wiped my tears away and sat back down properly. “Michael, really I wished it was you instead of him at this moment” I said, trying to smile. He chuckled to himself, but didn’t say a word. “Hey you smiled, that’s a lot better” Michael took my hand, and let me to the zipper ride instead.

It’s nice to finally get my mind off of things. I haven’t had the heart to tell anyone about my own problems and I just realized that Michael is the best person to confide in. This day he has been trying his best not to make me feel sad or hurt. But I sense something different in him when I was telling him about Kurt, what is it anyway? Was he mad at the fact that Kurt put me in a lot of emotional turmoil? Was he just being protective of his friend? Or there is something that I don’t know? I tried shaking the last question off of my head. Kat, that’s impossible!

“Kat come on, hurry up!” Michael ran to me, laughing. “I brought some ice cream. Here!” He giggled, offering me his ice cream. When I was about to take a lick on it, he suddenly put it right on to my nose. “Michael you naughty!” I laughed and started chasing him around the place. He laughed like crazy as I ran after him. Michael I didn’t see that one coming! I laughed as I was about to catch up on him. But then after a few turns he suddenly disappeared. “Where has he gone to?” I whispered to myself and stopped running. I searched every corner of his house even in the pool, garden, lounge, everywhere! I was quietly sitting on a bench when suddenly…

“boo!” I felt someone touch my shoulder and I jumped at it. I turned around and it was only Michael holding two cones of ice cream. He gave one to me and sat down beside me. “I hope you won’t put it on my nose again, like earlier.” I grumbled. “I promise, Kat I won’t” He said, laughing while he has his pinky finger up. I just playfully rolled my eyes at him and ate my ice cream. Oh Michael…