- Text Size +

Michael stopped playing the piano and turned to me, “Kat up until now I can still sense something off without you…” Oh great, I wasn’t trying to put on a sad mood but he seemed to sense it. “Uhm, I’m fine, really.” Michael closed the covers of his piano and leaned back on it. “Kat, you know we’re close enough to know what we really feel?” Michael chuckled. Well he’s right… But I just don’t want him to be sad as well because of me. “I just… I’m just not ready to face Kurt now, I can’t… Just… Not yet…” I mumbled. Michael stood up from his bench and grabbed my shoulders. “Look no one’s rushing you to go to him and face him, okay?” Michael reassured me, and it was very reassuring indeed. I nodded at him, smiling. Michael smiled back at me and said, “There you go now what do you want to do for today?” He asked, taking his fedora. “Well up to you, how about we take a walk outside instead?” I replied. He seemed to be in thought and then he agreed.

When we were walking I just can’t help but think about what we talked about 2 days ago. Kat, thinking about it will get you nowhere, and look Michael’s doing his best to cheer you up and it’s working. I realized we were on the trampoline. “Mikey do you wanna go on the trampoline?” I asked, reaching my hand out to him. “Well of course, I would love to” His smile grew wider when I suddenly dragged him on it and we jumped and jumped and jumped. This day was full of laughter and fun.

When we got tired, we took a break sitting on the grass. We talked about a lot of things mostly about Philippines. He asked about our lifestyle and it was then I realized we have different from each other. “I haven’t even heard from my uncles yet” I muttered. “Well maybe they’re busy? Don’t worry they’ll be contacting you soon” Michael gave me a pat on the back. “Meh I understand though, well then I had a talk with my best friend, Annie though. Glad she’s okay” We both went silent until I realize what I just said, “oh my god” I whispered and looked at Michael, “Is something wrong?” He asked. I gawked at him for a few seconds and started laughing. “Kat are you okay?” He looked at me, confused. My laughter died down into short breaths until I can finally manage to answer. “Did you realize what I just said? I said, I talked to my best friend Annie and I’m glad she’s okay” Michael stared at me for a minute and he suddenly started laughing, “Oh wow I’m glad she’s okay” He said between his laughs. “Well seriously though she’s going to visit me anytime tomorrow so yeah” Michael nodded.

Both of us walked to where the giraffes are. Oh how fascinating they really are. We helped the caretakers feed the animals and it was the most rewarding thing that I have done in my whole life. I always wanted to interact with animals and I had just done it here. Once we were done, we both went to his movie theater to watch Jaws.

It was only the two of us in the theater and we were getting into the movie. We were already in the part where Hooper was attacked by the huge shark when he was inside the shark cage. We were really on the edge of our seats that time but at the same time we enjoyed it. After we finished the movie, we went back out again. “Whoa that movie was a Thriller! Do you wanna watch it again?” I playfully nudged him. “Why not?” He answered, chuckling. “I always thought sharks are great. Very majestic swimming creature” I trailed off, well it’s true anyway. For me they’re highly misunderstood by humans being killers. Well they are but they really don’t attack humans intentionally and we are not part of their diet. Well so much for Animal Planet here, we went to the carousel. Instead of riding the horses on the carousel, we rode the carriage instead. I sat beside him and he had his arm around my shoulders. Good times, really good times.

Once the ride was done, it was time for me to finally go home. Michael always makes sure I drive home safely by having his driver drive me to my home. When I got in his car, I waved at him goodbye thanking him for another fun day he has given me.

When I got out of the car, a girl my age stood by the front door.