- Text Size +

It was another fun day at Neverland and Michael, Janet and I have been playing in the pool for hours. “Kat, catch!” Michael almost shouted, throwing me a ball. “Don’t give it to Janet” Michael reminded. Aw hell no, I looked at Janet who was smirking at me. I smirked back at her and threw the ball at her. Well done, Kat. I laughed and just as when Michael was about to get off of the pool we both pushed him back there again. Both of us laughed at him. He got out again but he made sure he can get away from us. We chased him again but to no avail, he was too fast.

After drying off, we headed to his living room talking about a lot of things. It was until my phone rang. “Uhm excuse me I need to take this call” I excused myself and answered the phone. “Hello?” No one was answering but it was Annie’s number. “Annie? What happened?” I said, worry in my voice. “Uhm hello? Kat, I’m in the hospital.” Annie said, over the other end. “Annie what happened to you?” I was starting to panic already, “Uhm Kat, I just fainted from fatigue that’s what my mom said.” I was starting to wonder, how did she even have the energy to talk to me when she just fainted from over fatigue? “Annie I’m coming to you now” I hung up and walked to Michael. “Michael, Annie’s in the hospital. I think I’ll head off now.” Michael stood up from the couch and walked to me, “I can drive you there, if you want.” I smiled at Michael and said, “Look you don’t have to, okay? It’s fine.” Michael looked at me crazy, “I insist” Well I never won in any of our arguments so fine. “Okay, fine. You can go. But I’m worried about people might crowd over you… As usual” Michael chuckled, “It’ll be fine, I promise” Michael said, taking his car keys.

Once we arrived at the hospital, we made sure no one will crowd over him and I went to the nurses desk. “Miss Annie Borja?” She went to the racks and looked for Annie’s documents. “Miss she’s in 304. Third floor, 2nd room on the right” I smiled at the nurse and said, “thanks” Michael and I headed to Annie’s room already.

When we arrived at her room door, I checked to see if her parents were there and indeed her mom is there. I knocked on the door and she let us in. “Tita, what happened to her?” I asked, “She was working way too hard and I told her to take a break but she didn’t listen. I’m glad you came” Suddenly her attention turned to Michael. “Michael Jackson? It’s nice to see you here” Annie’s mom reached a hand out for him to shake. Michael smiled at her shaking her hand. “It’s nice to meet you too, Mrs….” “Mrs. Borja… Uhm Kat dear, I’ll be going now… Will you look after Annie for me?” She said, smiling. “Sure, tita I will” Annie’s mom thanked us and left the hospital already.

“Annie, what the hell happened to you?” I asked, sitting on the couch. “I just have to finish my work because it was due the day after tomorrow but then I started to feel lightheaded until… Yeah you know what happens next.” I playfully rolled my eyes, really this girl can be very hardworking. “Well when are you going to be discharged?” I asked, playing with the strands of my hair. “Uhm I don’t know I think later.” She murmured and looked at Michael, “Oh hi. I see you came with my friend” Annie said, smiling “I’m Annie, it’s nice to meet you” Michael smiled back at her. “I’m Michael, it’s nice to meet you too and I’m glad you’re okay. Kat has been worried sick when you called” Annie chuckled, “Well I’m glad I wasn’t hit by a-“ I looked at Annie nudging her. “Annie quit it, it’s not even funny” I said, laughing. “Well at least I wasn’t hit by a… Smooth Criminal” Annie continued. Oh this girl can be sometimes a pain in the ass. Michael laughed at her and we just enjoyed our time talking with each other.

When it was time for Michael and I to go, we braced ourselves for what could happen next. It’s either paparazzi would follow us, or have a sea of people around us ‘til we drive off. “Annie, we’ll be going.” Annie nodded and her mom smiled. “Thanks for looking after Annie. Take care you two” We bade them goodbye and headed to our car. So far so good… Michael dropped me off to my house and Michael went to his own.

Chapter End Notes:
Tita - Something we call our aunts :-)