- Text Size +

Chapter 6.

Where: 2113 Rose Avenue in San Francisco, California.

Time: 1:45 pm.

It was now 1:45 by the time the brothers got to the woman's house. Although they were not needed yet, Jackie suggested that it would be great to get there 15 minutes early. Getting out of the limo, they all walked up the marble steps to the little red cottage; Tito rang the doorbell. Within 3 minutes, it had finally opened revealing to be Miss Eliza Walton with a smile on her mocha-skin toned face; she was middle-aged between 40-45 years old. Like most women now in the 70's, she had an afro but a little bit small for her to handle; she had hazel eyes which would light up when she stepped out into the bright sunlight. On her body, was a simple yet elegant sleeveless purple dress that went below her knee-caps, matching purple high heels and white lace sleeve gloves that were on her petite hands that meant she was about to go to the Luncheon.

"Why hello there boys, you are all very early today." She said placing her balled up fists on her slightly curvy hips. Jackie gave her a warm smile. "Well, we decided to come before you would leave; you know what they always say, the early bird get's the worm." Miss Walton giggled as she lead them inside her living room. For a lady that lived by herself, she sure kept the place tidy and clean as a whistle.

"Okay, now I left you a list of instructions and a schedule. And don't worry, the emergency numbers are on the fridge; if you all get hungry, I made some sandwiches of your favorite; DiDi's formula is in there as well." The boys nodded getting all the messages they could retain as they all went back into the den, Eliza waving goodbye and closed the door.

"So, this is it? this is what we are suppose to do?" Marlon asked. "Yeah, but don't sweat it, at least it's just for today; besides, what's the worse that could happen?" Jermaine replied. It didn't take long for them to realize the awful smell that inflamed their noses and crying erupted; turning their heads, they witnessed the poor 9-month-old in her crib balling her eyes out. "Oh no..." Tito muttered gazing at his brothers then back at the baby. "Who's on doody patrol?" "I'm not" The 4 boys said in unison in an instant. "Thanks a lot." The guitarist said his voice dripping with sarcasm as he picked her up and went upstairs to change her diaper.

"This is going to be a long day." Michael muttered and sighed sitting on a white arm-chair.