- Text Size +

 

     Rachel and Tiffany were setting the table, Miriam and April were making the chili real warm, and the boys were warming themselves up by the fire. "I see that you love cooking don't you?" Miriam asked the young brunette girl who turned her head towards her and smiled. "Oh yes mam very much, I've been doing it since I was only 7 years old. And I've been in cooking contests also." The look on the bonnet wearing woman's face was a mixture of surprise and amazement; how on Earth could a nine-year-old girl cook like a grown person but the food would come out tasting so scrumptious? "Wow April, I'm impressed you must have worked very hard to be who you are right now." April nodded feeling proud and admired at the same time.


Everyone was now at the table. After saying grace, they all ate in silence taking in the delicious chilil and homemade bread. "This is very good." Michael complimented seeing the lady smile. "Why thank you Michael, I'm glad you are enjoying it; there's plenty more where that came from."

Dinner-time was now over; after cleaning up the small kitchen, the girls stayed indoors while William showed the boys around.

    "Really? You all are a music group?" William asked in an unbelievable tone in his voice after Michael told him about themselves. "Yes sir we are; we've been doing it for quite sometime; our Father was the one that had started it all in the first place." "That's incredible so that explains the clothes that you all are wearing even your hair." "They're called Afros; it's a hairstyle for the 1970's." "So, I take it you all are from the 1970's am I correct?" The boys looked at one another, took a deep breath, and sighed nodding their heads.


"Yes we are; we're really from the year 1971 which is 195 years from now. We were at a Amusement Park and I ran into a Scientist name Professor Floyd Carlton who had finished building his Time Machine and.... I suggested that we should all test it out and here we are in 1775 during the Revolution Era." William nodded his head slowly taking in every word that the little Jackson Vocalist said and smiled patting him on the head. "I believe you all it must have been quite an experience traveling through time?" They all nodded feeling quite relieved and relaxed that they got everything out. The horse stopped and neighed as they were in front of the Town Hall I'm the center of Town.

"Wow, is this the Town Hall where you all have your meetings?" Jermaine asked seeing the man nod. "Yes it is; and to make it even more exciting, they're holding one right now would you all like to join me?" "Yeah!" They said in unison and they all went inside.

     Sounds of loud talking and chatting filled the entire room as the Man and Boys revealed themselves. Seeing how the Children were dressed, everyone stood still completely like stone and looked at each-other then back at the newcomers. "Are those the youngsters you were talking about?" One man who was wearing a bright red dress coat asked another who was in a dark green one nodded. "Yes, they are perhaps wizards along with three girls who might be witches; we saw them flying in the air after a large hole disappeared in the sky; we better keep an eye on them before they do something drastic that we might regret."


"Evening William, how nice of you to come and join us for tonight; who are these fine gentlemen?" The Town Clerk asked pointing over to them. "They are The Jackson 5; they, along with their friends, have traveled all the way here." "I see, so boys, how do you like Pennsylvania so far?" "We absolutely love it thank you very much for asking." Jackie replied warmly. "I still say that they are wizards coming to reap everything that we had suffered to get; let's wait until the time is right." One of the men said.

     "So, what is this meeting about anyway?" Michael asked curiously to the Town Clerk. "It's about the Revolutionary War that has started; we're lacking great armies and navies and we need more men who will indeed be apart of it and we're going to need more Militia." Michael scratched his head. "Militia?" "It is a common word to refer a military force composed of ordinary citizens to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or income to a fixed term if service."


Michael nodded his head clearly understanding every word and detail as he sat back and listened to the rest of the meeting. Later, back at the Bradford's house, the men told the women everything what had happened; Miriam gasped while the girls looked at eachother quite nervous themselves. "Does this mean we have to move out of here at once?" The Bradford Mistress asked with Wiliam shaking his head plus furrowing his eyebrows. "We will do no such thing; we are not running away just because of some silly war that has taken place right now; we will fight one way or another."