- Text Size +

 

     The calming winds blew the trees branches as some leaves fell down later that night as William told Miriam everything while they were getting ready for bed. "I don't know about this Willy, are you sure you want to do this? What if you get hurt?" The Bradford man stared at his wife long and hard as he got under the covers. "I have to do this dear for the sake of our country, these men need to be stopped once and for all. We are not going to run and hide just because they are taking over it's just not right we are going to fight and make sure that we are still standing as high as they are one way or another."


The kids heard everything that the adults were conversating about as they quietly crept back into the room that they were staying in. Michael was deep in thought as the others took their shoes off getting comfortable. "Mike? I know that look, please don't give us anymore of your grand ideas remember, we still have to find a way to get back home because this is getting ridiculous." Jermaine said as quiet as he could be watching his little brother; soon, Michael had a little developing smirk.

"We're going to war whether you all like it or not; we're going to help all those brave solders get back what's their's." Tito sighed. "I was afraid you were going to say that I had the vision in my head." "Come on guys it's our way of saying thanks to them who had both gone out of their way providing us with a warm place to say, food to eat and somewhere to sleep besides, it's better than being out on the streets right?" "Yeah... I guess you have a point." Marlon said hate to admit that his little brother was right. "So, I say, for one last adventure, let's make the people proud as best as we can possible are you with me?" The others gave eachother uncertain looks as they all sighed and nodded putting their hands on top of the other ones and fell into a mighty deep slumber.

     A blanket of gray fog hung around all over the areas early the next morning. The kids all got in the carriage as quiet as possible. "Are you sure about this Mike?" April asked him who nodded. "Of course I am, would I steer you all wrong?" The others all had uncertain looks and they sighed as they heard William and instantly stood still careful not to make too much noise.


"Please be careful alright honey?" Miriam pleaded giving her husband a kiss on the lips as he patted her back. "Don't worry dear I'll write to you by the time I get there; where are the children?" Miriam looked but they were nowhere. "I have no idea but I hope they didn't go too far or they would have said goodbye." Will sighed and nodded hopping up behind the horse and drove off leaving the woman in tears. "Please God may he come home safe soon enough." And she went back inside.

"Hey, we're moving." Marlon whispered as he pulled the curtain away slighty to see the landscapes passing by; just then, the carriage bounced on top of a rock as Will cursed to himself getting off to get a spare wheel. Rachel made a little gasp. "The Wheel is right here." "Oh no." Jackie panicked as they saw the curtain move the next thing they knew was that Will had the same shocked face like they did.

     "What are you all doing inside the carriage? I thought you all were back with Miriam." William said as Jermaine tried to find the right words to say without making a fool of himself but Michael took over. "The truth is Mr. Bradford is that... We are coming to War with you to help take back your Country; it really is wrong for the British that had gone completely overboard and we promise we will not get in the way; we discussed about it from last night and this will also be our last adventure." Will stared at them taking in every last word that had sunken into his mind then nodded his head furrowing his eyebrows. "Alright, you have my permission." The kids smiled at eachother and high fived as the colonial man finished what he was doing and got back up; the road to their destination was going to be hard and tricky but the gang was determined to help in every which they could not to mention to try and get back home.


On the way, the kids could see the men in uniform marching away which was a mesmerizing sight but more to little Michael who had his eyes glued on them the whole entire time. "We will win." He thought. Finally, they had reached to the location: Bunker Hill in Charleston Massachusetts.