- Text Size +

 

     Loud cannon ball and gun shots were heard by the time the man and children got there. They were all completely frozen like blocks of ice as they saw the battle taking place right before their very eyes. "Oh man, this is just like our American History homework but for real." Jermaine said in total awe. "Please Jermaine don't talk about school especially on a Saturday it will force me to learn." Marlon groaned shaking his head. William got out of the carriage getting some of his weapons with the help from the kids as he told them to stay put and ran off leaving them in disappointment.


"That's not fair how come we can't be apart of the battle?" Michael asked crossing his arms and pouting his lips as Jackie placed his hand on his shoulder. "Mike, we're just kids you gotta remember even back in these times, children were not allowed to vote not even women only grown men had the rights to everything and then some." "Well I'm not going to sit here and watch William get killed by a bunch of men in red coats it's time we unite as one! Who's with me?" "I'm in you can count on me." April chimed in her voice full of determination setting her hand on his, then each brother, Rachel and Tiffany but Jackie declined. "I don't know about this." "Oh come on big bro please do it for the Americans; plus Will and Miriam they are counting on us." Michael pleaded showing his puppy dog eyes again. Jackie tried to ignore them but just couldn't; why did he have to be so sensitive? Sighing, he then put the palm of his hand on top of the others as they all got out to join. "I need to start being more stern." He thought.

     The kids quickly hid behind some bushes without being caught; they all caught their breaths and wiped the sweat off their foreheads. "Okay, so what are we suppose to do now?" Rachel asked as Mike started to think finally, he got an idea. "Okay hear this: we can pretend that we are the soldiers but we're gonna need to get their attention." Seeing some in front of them, Mike spoke very quietly as possible seeing them come closer as they looked around and out popped up their Afros.


"Um... Hi there, I'm Michael Jackson and these are my brothers and our friends." The children waved very shyly and nervously at the same time. "We just how should I say it... Time traveled here and we heard that there is a battle going on so we decided to take your places to help get your country back." The men nodded as they shook hands with them and gave them their suits; thanking them, they told the girls to stay hidden until the noise calmed down and they were now apart of the fight.

    "Wow, I can't believe this, we are actually going to fight how great is that?" Michael asked them as they were trying to hold their rifles. "This is a one time only thing Mike remember that." Tito told him sternly as it all began; the brothers quickly ducked behind some large rocks. "Have you ever held a rifle before?" Jermaine asked Marlon who shook his head. "Nope, I wonder how it works." Suddenly, his finger then pushed down as a bullet went flying. All men looked stunned turning their attention over to the boys. "Marlon..." They all said in unison clenching their teeth as he sweat dropped. "Heh, did it." They all face palmed themselves.


The girls and soldiers looked at the whole scene still hidden. Rachel blushed in embarrassment just by looking at him. "Whoever thought that for a prankster, he can be clumsy?" "Don't worry Rach, besides, he can still sing like an angel though." Tiffany said patting her on the shoulder knowing that deep down she had a crush on him. "Hey girls look." April said pointing with them setting their eyes on the upcoming action. "Oh boy, this is it." Tiff whispered grinning. 

"You, you all are not the soldiers that came a long way to help us stop this war from rampaging." One of the blue coats confronted pointing their glove covered finger at them. "No sir we're not; we're the Jackson 5 and we're from the future; we'll talk about this some other time but right now, we're here to help get back what's rightfully yours." Michael explained determinedly. Looking surprised, he nodded his head and it was now or never. The heat could be felt on their bodies and hair; sweat trickled down as bullets were whizzing pass back and fourth; teeth were clenched and horses were heard from afar even cannonballs were coming out of nowhere. "Man, talk about American History coming to life huh?" Michael asked. "Shut up and keep firing." Jermaine blurted out running from rock to rock shooting like crazy like never before but he had to admit, this was awesome although this would be the last adventure that they would do.