- Text Size +

 

      Steam hovered around the large bath section as the kids were being pampered by the maids who were bathing them. Sighs of relief were heard with them wrapped up in their towels.


"Man, I never thought this would be the life." Jermaine said having his hands behind his head taking in the calming and relaxing steam all over his body. "I'll say, this is very grand." April said letting her ponytail get wet not really caring about it. The others kept on chatting while Jackie just sat there quiet as ever. "Hey, what's wrong bro?" Tito asked him who instantly got out of his muted trance.

"I'm fine it's just that... Tito, you've never done this type of stuff before; face it we're in Ancient Rome, a million years away from home, and our families must be worried about us by now. I wish we had never tested out the Professor's machine in the first place. You might get killed." Tito stared at his male sibling for what seemed like hours on end. "I'll be fine Jack really; you worry too much it feels like you're the Father of everyone but mainly to us; just try and have some faith in me for once alright? I'm capable of taking care of myself without anyone having to do it for me; besides, Joseph taught me everything that he knew." The others looked then also gave their own concern for the Jackson guitarist; they were just hoping that tomorrow would be a better day.

Finally, they were fully refreshed and dressed back in their usual clothing as they joined the ruling Roman for dinner. It wasn't a feast but still the kind Emperor showed his gratitude for having all of the delicious, edible and marvelous food that they had received. Later that night, they all slept in separate rooms; Tito stared up at the night sky thinking about the conversation that he and Jackie had. "Maybe he's right but I want to show them that I can do it no matter what it is; I'll do it even if it kills me."

     Horns were heard loudly filling the entire Coliseum early the next morning. The Romans from all around got to their seats waiting patiently and intensely for the sport to start. At the castle, the maid had just finished putting on the armor clothing on Tito who stood in front of the mirror looking somewhat nervous but he was well rested and fully ready to get it on once and for all.


"Hey Tito, are you ready yet?" Jackie asked going towards his brother who nodded. "Yeah Jack I am." He replied firmly walking away; Jackie could only look after him and watch he couldn't help it this was his brother his two year younger brother for Pete's sake and was very worried on both the inside and out about him. Through the years, Jackie has always been like the Father figure to the little ones and was very and highly protective of them that no matter where they were, he was always by their side. He sighed a deep and shaky sigh and left to join the others to sit down.

The sun was very bright and intense; the air was fresh along with the smell of the brown dirt filled ground. The Emperor walked up slowly overlooking the large audience with a smile on his face as he clapped his hands and began his speech. When he was done, the gates slowly lifted open revealing to be the 16 year old himself eyebrows furrowed and a determined smile; he was led over to his own chariot which he had gazed at it in wonder couldn't believe his eyes that he was really going to ride in it. Soon, a woman with beautiful and bright blonde hair, in a red toga, came up to him with a small rope that had on sausages around it as she put it on his neck. Tito gave her a confused look but she walked away before he even had a chance to ask her what were they for.

Jackie shook his leg in a nervous state; sensing this, Michael put a warm hand on his shoulder letting him know that Tito was going to be fine and that he could take on anyone and anything that got in his way; he managed to put on a small smile but it had went back to a frown when the gate was opening again. Suddenly, a loud roar ran through everyone's ears; out came a ferocious lion with its mane all around his head and brown. Jackie stood frozen sweating so much that his afro was starting to get wet. "Oh no." He thought in his mind. The horn was heard again and now it was time.

     The Lion crept closer to the Jackson Guitarist. Tito kept his stare steady not wanting to blink; his heart was beating rapidly and his forehead starting to sweat. Smelling the sausages, the large feline grabbed one off of the rope and licked his lips after savoring it. Tito's face beamed and his grin appeared. "That's it. So, he just wants these huh? well, I'll give them to him."


"Hey cat breath, want these?" Nodding, Tito smirked and got on the chariot. "If you want them, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO COME GET THEM YOURSELF!" And with that, he growled and started to charge at him.


 

Jackie stared intensely at the chase. He was biting his bottom lip fearful for his brother going to get hurt or worse killed in the long run. The others, on the other hand, were enjoying themselves and fist pumping in the air; Romans were clapping real hard even one old woman was shouting among them by saying to let him have it; give them to him. Jackie stared up at her like she was crazy and only shook his head and sighed.

Tito stared at the lion and only laughed throwing the meat at him. "YOU GOTTA DO BETTER THAN THAT!" He shouted taunting the Ferocious Cat who roared even louder. Soon, he ran at super speed making to his heel wanting to bite it; luckily, Tito pulled his foot away in time and breathed out a sigh of relief. Suddenly, the razor sharp teeth bit down on the back of the chariot; the audience looked worried and afraid at the same time. The lion continued to do this until there was nowhere left to bite. "TITO LOOK OUT!!" Jermaine yelled at the top of his lungs seeing his brother swirling all over; the King looked down very concern. Tito gritted his teeth trying very hard to steer into a right direction; his brain then hatched an idea getting off, and doing a backflip in the air, he landed on the animals back who yelped trying to get him off but Tito, as strong as he was, grabbed onto him very tightly. "Now, are you going to be nice if I give you these? or what is it going to be?" Only getting a roar as a response, and getting a mighty throw, Tito landed on the ground sweating hard and grounding his teeth furrowing his eyebrows hearing the paws coming.

Jackie covered his eyes not wanting to see what was happening. "You know what? here you can have them." Getting closer and closer, the next thing happened when Tito lifted him up so high that he was starting to glow bright. "Gotcha." And he threw him as far as he could.

     Everyone in the large audience screamed, hugged each-other, and chanted. "Jackie, you can open your eyes Tito's still alive!" Michael exclaimed to his elder brother who slowly put his hand down and grinned with tears in his eyes seeing the strong Jackson teen waving to the crowd and flexing his muscles. Soon, the horn had erupted again as the Emperor came down with his arms behind him.


"People of Rome, I give you our champion!" He shouted out as they continued. "Congratulations young one I have never seen anyone with so much determination inside their soul that I proudly present: The medal of Perseverance!" Holding out a shiny gold medal, he put it around Tito's neck who thanked him kindly showing his reward to his male siblings and female friends who all were smiling and clapping very loud for him.

"Thank you so much sir, but I wouldn't have been here today without my brothers and my friends who encouraged me to do this; I am very lucky to have great people like you all in my life!" He yelled to them who all blushed. "Please, now that you have sent the lion away, what do you say we give you a parade in your honor?" Shaking his head, "Gee, that sounds really cool but that's alright; this was all very fun and so forth but we gotta get back to where we came from." The Emperor nodded. "Indeed I understand, but please come back to Rome anytime you all wish." "Oh we will most definitely do." Tito said as he grinned.

"So, you guys have to go?" Meg asked in a sad voice with them nodding. "Yeah, trust me Meg, we all want to stay here, but we really have to get back to our old time period. We will come back and visit again someday." Michael said placing a hand on her shoulder as she smiled giving them one big group hug. "Great! I can't wait; this has been very fun since you all came here." Smiling, and seeing the vortex appear, they bid their final farewells and left leaving her standing eyes watery but her smile not fading. "Take care."