- Text Size +
Five months further and I am already settled in.
My confidence is growing and feel more energetic.

My house is in a nice neighborhood. Its quiet, so much better for my health. The people are down to earth, take life easy, friendly and helpfull. I just love it here.
The apartment is even bigger then in New York.
I am proud of myself to take this big leap. It all turned out to be a good decision. In this short time I am more relaxed, calmed down. I am not there yet, I still have nightmares, shaken up if something sudden happens, and try to avoid going outside at night. It will take time to heal.
Friends ask about my past but I don't want to talk about it, it is too fresh, the scars are too deep.

My job is going very well. It is busy. I never thought so many children would sign up to get their wish granted. Sometimes its hard to see kids being so sick and are at the end of their lives. But it feels good to see the smiles on those faces when they get to do or see what they wanted.
I love to work on the whole package. I sort out the wishes, see if there are same ones so we can go as a group. Then I can go arrange the day, see if I need more nurses, equipments, tickets, paperwork, call agencies, all that kind of things.
Last month we went to a musical with a group, they had a blast. They got frontseats, sing along and
could get pictures with the stars after the show.
We also went to disney a few times, a race circuit and a Frozen Ice show.
I arranged a lot of concerts and meet and greet afterwards.
Now, most of the stars were kind to the children. They have a talk, give hugs, autographs, take their time and take pictures. My heart is filled with joy when I see that happen.
But there are assholes too. Think so high of themselfs.
They want to rush it, being impatient, don't care about the children. They shake the hand, take a picture and ask for the next one, give a smile when the pic is taken after that the smile is gone.
Some are realy rude, selfisch.
I said to a star; “Holy crap, can you even look at the child, what do you think, you are some kind of God??” I got in trouble for that....I learned my lesson. Always be kind and professional, we need them. But....lord...with some I want to slap the hell out of them.

One morning in the office, Debby, my boss, asked me to have a coffee with her.
We had a chit-chat, talked about movie stars and music.
“Are you a fan of someone,” she asked.
“No, I like all kinds of movies and music, but not a fan of someone,” I answered.
“So, not even Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Lady GaGa or that cute Brad Pitt or Clooney?”
“Well...no. I'm not that kind of person to becomes a fan...maybe I am too...lame..or something to get crazy about someone.”
“Ok, that is a good thing Stef, because I have another assignment, which involves visiting a celebrity. We work together with social healthcare on this one. Children in need, neglected or poor kids, or ones with psychological problems. So there are a few children from our foundation who have the wish to meet the guy and a bounch of children from healthcare. We go together with a big bus.”
“Who is the celeb,” I asked.
“Michael Jackson.”
“Oh, yes I see some requests for him in the office.”
“The reason I asked if you are a fan, said Debby with a serious face, is because we had a co-worker before who went there. She said she was not a fan of his. But...as soon as the gate opened and she saw him she started screaming. She ran to him, screaming her head off and threw herself on him.
It was so embarrassing! Children started to laugh and some just stared like...WTF is happening....”
I almost choked in my coffee..I laughed so hard.
“You are kidding me, I said, and what about him, and the other workers?”
“He was cool about it, just took it easy and he winked at his security, who dragged her out of there. We all had a good laugh about it later but at that moment...it was terrible!”
“I can imagine, you don't have to worry about me, I am crazy, but not that crazy, ha ha ha.”
“It was a while ago since our last visit there. Sometimes its frequently, other times its a few months later, it depends where he is, we had every other month too a few times. But, anyway, you can go arrange some things and call the healthcare agengy. With them you have to set some dates and they call his agency what date it is gonna be.”
“Alright, I will let you know, I get to it now.”
Good, a bigger thing to arrange, something new, great!!
Lets see if I can handle big things too....