- Text Size +
Michael's POV

I have to admit, Alica and I are really making progress. It almost seems like old times again. I knew it was a good idea to have her edit for me. Boy am I smart!
***********************************
Alica's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face reminiscing on the pillow fight we had last night. We were really making progress. Things seemed to be getting back to normal.

It was exciting but at the same time kind of scary. I just didn't want to get my hopes up too high and get my heart stopped to death.

I got out of bed and made a steaming cup of tea. Michael probably left already so maybe I'll go out to day.

"Penny for your thoughts." A voice says shattering my thoughts. I'm startled and spill the very very hot tea on my legs and the mug shatters.

"Michael you startled me!" I say. "I thought you we're on your way to work?" He smiles. "I was but I thought I say good morning before I left."

"Ow!" I exclaim as I look down at my soaked pajama pants. The pain is kicking in. "Did you burn yourself?" Michael asked. I nodded. "Let me see." He says.

"Michael I'm fine." I say. "You're not fine." "Lemme see!" Michael always has a way of knowing when something was wrong with me. He knows me all too well.

Reluctantly I lifted my pants leg . There was a big red burn that covered most of my leg. I was pretty bad

"Let's go." He says. "What do you mean lets go." "You have to go." "Look, I'm my own boss so their just going to have to wait." He said. "I'm taking you to the emergency room." "But why?" I asked.

"Because I care about you."