- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter with flashback
Alica's POV

After my crying spell was over with I turned on the tv.

"Tonight at the grammy's Michael Jackson walks away empty handed for his best selling album; Bad." "In other reportings we also noticed his wife; Alica Jackson was not in attendance."

"It was reported that about 3 months ago they were seen going to a marriage counselor." "Could there marital problems be the reason why Michael's work had not been his personal best lately?" "Could his wife's absence have jinked him?"

"I'm Kasandra Norrwood with entertainment tonight."

I grabbed the remote and turned off the tv. "Bullshit." I said. I was so sick of the media being in our personal lives. We worked it out. They don't know anything about us.

I sat up when I heard the door opening from down stairs. Poor Michael. He has to be upset. He was a perfectionist and when people thought his work wasn't good enough he worked his hardest to do better. It took him 5 years to make Bad. He had even started working on it before he met me! How dare them take his work for granted.

"Hi honey." I said as he entered the room. He looked so disappointed. "Hey." He dryly said loosening his tie and siting down on the bed. "I heard what happened." I said. He looked at me, sighed and then reached over and started rubbing my belly.

"It took me 5 whole years to complete Bad." He said. "Five years." "There's always another time Michael." I said. "I personally it was a wonderful album." "There always trying to keep people down." There just jealous you won the whole damn awards show last time."

I smiled at the memory. It was a wonderful night. It was also the same night Michael proposed.

February 1984

"Michael you shined like to sun out there!" I said as we walked hand in hand on one of our midnight strolls. He smiled and bit his lip. "It was really nothing." He said modestly. I smiled. "You're so cute when you try to act modest." "Alica I have something very important to ask you." He said fidgeting a bit. "Sure Mike, I'll listen to anything you have to say."

"Well, we've know each other for a while and it's really been wonderful." We stopped walking and I smiled. "It really has." I replied. "Well I think it's time to kick it up a notch." He said. I could already tell where he was going with this. "What do you mean?" I asked anyway.

He stood in front of me; the silver moon sparkling on his face. Then he got down on his knees and held both of my hands. "Alica Michell Bennet; would you do me the honors of being my wife?" I was in such shock I couldn't say anything.

"I want to be with you, to grow old with you." "You're the most beautiful person I've ever met; inside and out." "I know it will be hard being my wife because of who I am but I promise you I'll be with you ever step of the way." "For a chance to be with you I'd risk it all; I'd even go through the fire." "Please, say you'll be my wife; I won't stop until I hear your voice say I do."

My eyes where filled with tears. No guy could ever make me feel the way Michael does. I didn't hesitate.

"Yes Michael, I will!" "I love you more than life it's self." "I love you." Michael smiled and pulled me in for a passionate kiss. He started rummaging through his pockets and his jacket. "I can't find the ring." He said sheepishly. His cheeks red as strawberries. I smiled. "Don't worry about that now baby." I said silencing him with a kiss. I was on cloud nine. It was like the whole world had stopped except us.

******

"I'm sorry I didn't come." I said touching his face. "I'm just so nervous." "I've never had a kid before and now I'm having 3 all at once on my first time." "I'm scared Michael."

He continued to rub my belly. "I can't imagine how scared you must be." He said. "But don't every forget I'll be with you every step of the way." "I'll never leave your side." He kissed me and I couldn't help but feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?"