- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter with a flashback and it's pretty sweet.
Michael's POV

Today is our anniversary. I know, those words sound like a death sentence. I'm just hoping we can get along today.



Alica's POV

I woke up this morning and looked at the calender. Oh God. Today is our anniversary. I still remember the day Michael and I got married. It was so beautiful and one of the best days of my life.
*************************

1985
"You look so beautiful honey." Mother says to me as she puts on my wedding veil. Tears are in her eyes. I smile really big. I was smiling so much my cheeks could have burst.

"Michael is surly marrying a beautiful young lady." Ms. Kathrine said. "Thank you so much." I said. I was so happy. Today was the day that I would become Mrs. Michael Joseph Jackson.

"Damn Alica you look beautiful." Rhonda says. "Michael gonna be all over you tonight." I blushed. Rhonda always had a way of embarrassing me. "Your brother's waiting on you." My big brother was walking me down the aisle. When I was young my parents got a divorce and my father died. My brother and I were so close that he wanted to give me away.

"If you ever have any problems let me know." My brother Kendrick says as he walks me down the aisle. "Just because my little sister is getting married to an international superstar doesn't mean she doesn't need her big bro." "I will." I said as I got in place next to Michael.

"You look so beautiful." Michael says. "You look handsome yourself." I say with a smile.

The Priest said what he had to say and now it was time for vows.

"Alica would you start us off by reciting your vows?" I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Michael, I knew that you were the one for me when I thought more of you than myself." "When I prayed for you more than myself." "I mean, the first night we met no matter how badly my head hurt I still thought about you all night."

The room was filled with little giggles from friends and family who knew the story of how we met.

"I promise to love and cherish every moment I have with you." "You are the only one for me Michael and I love you more than life it's self. Michael smiled at me. I looked out of the corner of my eye at Mother. She was silently wiping tears away from her face.

"Michael will you proceed with the vows." Michael nodded and Randy handed him a mic. Music started to fill the room.

Sun comes up on this new morning

Shifting shadows, a song bird sings

And if these words could keep you happy

I'd do anything

And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder

With a tender touch you know so well

Somebody once said it's the soul that matters

Baby who can really tell

When two hearts belong so well?

And maybe the wall will tumble

And the sun my refuse to shine

But when I say I love you

Baby you gotta know that's for all time

Baby you gotta know that's for all time
***
My eyes were filled with tears. It was one of the most beautiful things he every said to me. Did he really mean it?
***

Moon shines down on this good evening

One warm kiss in the cold night air

For this good love I'm recieving

I'd go anywhere

Just as long as you were there

Maybe the walls will crumble

And the may refuse to shine

When I say I love you

Baby you gotta know that's for all time

Baby you gotta know that's for all time

Maybe the walls will crumble

And the sun may refuse to shine

When I say I need you

Baby you gotta know that's for all time

Say that you'll never go that's for all time

Baby you gotta know that's for all time

Baby you gotta know that's for all time.

When he was finished singing it looked like everyone was crying. It was such and emotional moment.

He slipped the ring on my finger and I did the same for his finger.We said I do and Michael kissed me; his bride as the sun set behind us.

It was such a beautiful day. I don't know why I regret it sometimes.


Micahel's POV

I walked past the bedroom. Alica was awake. She sat with her knees up to her chin and her face burried in her knees. Was she crying? I stopped and peeked my head in the door.

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern. She just looked at me. "Happy Anniversary." She said through tears. I came and sat next to her on the bed. "Look, I haven't given up yet." I said. "I still want to make this right."

"Me too." She said still teary eyed. We sat in silence as she continued to weep. "Can I hold you?" I asked. I didn't want to sounds so forward but technically she was still my wife.

"Please." She said. I wrapped my arms around her and started to hum a familiar tune. "Always and Forever" by Heatewave. It was the song that we first slow danced to and danced to at our wedding.

This was the only touching moment we've had in so long. That day I knew that we were capable of working it out.