- Text Size +

 

"Mommy! Is daddy home yet?"

 

"Sweetie, I promise, when daddy gets home you will know." 

 

I swear this girl has asked over ten times in the past five minutes! But who am I kidding? I can't wait for him to come home either. Michael has been gone for eight months in Afghanistan. I miss him so much and tonight he is coming home for two months. We're hoping this time he can stay long enough to see his son being born. I was devastated when he couldn't see his daughters being born.   

 

I know, two months, that's a short time for a dad to bond with his family but I wouldn't want to change a thing because I know that he is over there doing what he believes in; helping people. 

 

We've been married for seven years and have beautiful twin girls, Katherine Elizabeth Jackson; we call her Katy. Then we have Jay Chanel Jackson whom we call JayCee. They're four. Also I'm eight months pregnant with a baby boy. Michael always wanted a big family. I would be surprised if he didn't, knowing that he'd grown up with such a big family.  

 

Michael is a military doctor overseas. When people get injured, he helps them become healthy again. Luckily, in Michael's troop nobody has gotten life threateningly injured. Also he helps the children. You would not believe how many malnourished and abused children he sees. It's heartbreaking.   

 

The worst part is that....the kids don't get to see their father for such long periods of time. We video chat whenever we can, Michael sends pictures, I send care packages and we write letters but it's just not the same. Having to wake up every morning without your husband beside you. Having to stare at the empty side of the bed, just wishing he were there to hold me and speak to me. 

 

I also pray for his safety. Everyday I pray that he is okay and that all other soldiers are okay. There are brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, mothers and fathers. I pray that they all can come home and everything would be peaceful.

 

Suddenly I heard a knock at the back door. Oh I hope it's Michael. If your wondering why the back door, ...I'll tell you later. I need to answer the door. 

 

"Mommy! Mommy! Is it daddy?"

 

"Yeah mommy! Is it?"

 

"Katy, JayCee, I won't know who it is until I open the door." I opened the door. There he was in his uniform. My man. The father of my children. My husband. 

 

"Daddy!!" Katy and JayCee attacked him with hugs. Michael bent down and gave them a big bear hug. Now he attacked them with kisses. 

 

"I missed you guys so much," he said. 

 

"Alright guys, come inside before flies start moving in," I said. 

 

They came in and shut the door. Michael looked at me and smiled. 

 

"Hey girls, why don't you go in the living room while I talk to mommy, okay?"

 

"Yes daddy," they said in unison. They ran to the living room giggling. 

 

Michael spread his arms out for a hug. I smiled and fell into his embrace. 

 

"Oh Michael I missed you so much." Tears were flowing freely down my cheeks. I didn't want cry but really feeling him and holding onto him set off my emotions. 

 

"Baby, I missed you too." He brushed his fingers through my hair and kissed the top of my head. He was so warm. I missed his warmth. 

 

He pulled away and thumbed my tears away. "Jolie, baby, don't cry. I want to see your beautiful face smiling and happy."

 

His eyes dropped to my protruding belly. "Oh my goodness. I can't believe how big you've gotten," he said giggling. 

 

I playfully slapped his arm. 

"...Thanks honey. You're too kind," I said sarcastically. 

 

"You know what I mean," he said pulling me closer. "You look beautiful and radiant. I just wanna kiss you," he said in his seductive low voice. 

 

"Well then, why don't you?" 

 

He did just that. He tilted my head up and kissed my lips with passion. It's been so long since we've kissed, I almost forgot how great it felt. I moved my hands through his curls. 

 

"Ewww!" 

 

"Yuck!"

 

Michael and I turned to see Katy and JayCee making grossed out faces. 

 

"Oh you two..."

 

"Come here."

 

Michael and I picked up the girls and began to tickle them. They giggled and shrieked out of laughter. This is my family and even though its for a little while we are together. 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading my story. Please review. :D