- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well Hello there! I know...I haven't updated in like foreverrr. But school is kickin my but and then my laziness is a part of it too :3... then there's been some sad and some crazy stuff happening to me too... ANYWAY today i was so determined to update because i feel so bad for not updating as much as I want to. So here's for you :) also i'm workin on the next chapter right now but i won't make any promises but i really hope i can finish the next chapter by tonight :D

p.s. I really appreciate all my readers and I love you guys soooo much especially Sabrinamjjlove and MichaelManiac and really especially whatmorecanigive! your reviews make me sooo happy :D

It's been about two weeks since Damion and I have had our little agreement. We agreed that he works at the hospital and when he gets paid on Fridays, he gives me half of his check which is more than enough but he insisted on giving that amount. Today is Friday and Damion is going to stop by with the check.

Janet and I have been putting together the memorial service for Michael. We’ve agreed that it will go on at the church and we’ll come back to the house for a little reception. It’s been hard...it really has. I miss Michael everyday and I just want him back but I know that can never happen. The kids are all at Grandma Katherine’s house for a couple of days because I just need some time for myself. The kids, they’ve bounced back so easily but I just can let go just yet.
I hear a knock at the back door and get up to answer it. It’s Damion with the check.

“Hey Damion, what’s up?”

“Nothing much just bringing the check over.” I received the check from his hands and walked toward the door signaling it was time for him to leave.

“Thanks.”

He sighed and turned toward me.

“Wait, I thought you said you would give this a chance” he said.

“I did but I also said that we were going to take it slow,” I retorted.

“Fine then, how about you and I go to dinner tonight. I know this really cool jazz restaurant--”

“Damion, I don’t think I’m ready to begin dating...”

“Come on Jolie, you’re the one who said you want to take it slow so I’m taking it slow. We’re gonna date a few times then see where we are after that.”

“I don’t know Damion...”

“Look Jolie, I know Michael wouldn’t want you dwelling on this death. He would want you happy. Please?”

I really shouldn’t be doing this but a part of me wants to see if Damion and I could be the happy couple we were supposed to be.

“Fine Damion, we can go out tonight.”

“Great, I’ll pick you up at eight.”

With that he gave me a peck on the cheek and left.


*******************


During the late afternoon, I hear the phone ring.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Mr. Jackson?”

“No umm...Mr. Jackson has passed away. This is his wife. Who is this?”

“Oh my, I’m very sorry to hear that. Does this mean you would like to cancel the purchase?”

I’m confused. “What purchase, who is this?”

“My name is Richard Brown and I am the realtor for the purchase of Sycamore Valley.”

Sycamore Valley? What is this place and why am I just hearing about it?

*************

"Thank you for driving me up here Mr. Brown."

"Not a problem Mrs. Jackson. So do you like the place?"

“Actually I don’t like it..”

“Oh really? Mr. Jackson was sure that you would—”

"'I LOVE it! It's so peaceful and beautiful and did u see that big tree. The plants are wonderful and the lake...oh the lake is so serene and quiet. This place is spectacular and private, its perfect!"

Mr. Brown smiled at me. "Mr. Jackson said you would love it."

I smiled. "How did he pay for all of this? This place has to be at least a million dollars!"

"Actually it is around that price—"

"What!—”

"But wait Mrs. Jackson. The land may cost around 8.5 million dollars but Mr. Jackson only had to pay 250 dollars. He got this land in an auction.”


I remembered that Michael had went to an auction last year but I didn't know this is what he bought!

"Wow so this is ours?"

"Well not yet, all the other necessary paperwork has been filled out now it's time for the purchase which is the 250 dollars. Would you still like to purchase it?" asked Mr. Brown.

What would Michael want to do with all this land anyway? It's way more land than the kids, he and I would ever need. But if Michael wanted this for us, I guess I should finish what he started.

"I want to finish the purchase."


*********************


As I was getting out of the shower I heard the phone ring.

I quickly walked to get to it. I saw on the caller ID and it was Janet.

"Hey Janet what's up?"

"Hey Jolie. I was wondering if you and the kids wanted to watch a movie. I rented The Lion King," she said the last part in a sing song voice.

"Oh actually, the kids are with Katherine and I'm going out with an old friend from college."

"Oh okay have fun!"

"Thanks! Talk to you later."

I hung up the phone and threw it on the bed. I dried myself off and walked to the closet and grabbed a simple black dress, a shawl, and my red heels.

I put lotion on my body and put on the dress and shoes. No jewelry. I don't want Damion thinking I'm trying to get all fancy for him, this is a simple date.

I did a once over in the mirror, grabbed my shawl and went into the living room to wait.


At eight on the dot Damion arrived with daisies. Good one, he remembered I was allergic to roses. I put the flowers in some water then we left for the restaurant.

When we pulled up to the place it had a cool blue neon light sign that read Cool Otis.

There weren't many cars there either so I guess there won't be too much noise.

Damion found a parking spot and then he opened the car door for me and took my hand.

"You know, you look really beautiful tonight," he said.

"Did I look ugly the last time you saw me?" I retorted.

His eyes grew wide for a moment. "No, come on Jolie you know I didn't mean it like that."

I chuckled. "I know, I was just kidding."

When we walked in there was a live jazz band on a stage near the front of the restaurant. It was a really cool atmosphere.

The hostess was really nice and gave us a table quite close to the stage.

"What do you want to eat?" Damion asked.

I looked through the menu, “The shrimp salad sounds nice. How about you?”

“I think I’ll get the chicken parmesan.”

We called our waiter over and told him our orders.



*******************



The shrimp was really good, I practically ate everything but the plate and the fork. The waiter brought us a great after dinner wine Umbria’s Sagrantino Passito. It was so good, I had two glasses of the stuff. Damion only had one glass being our designated driver tonight. My hand was laying on the table and Damion grabbed it and held it. It was the only real move he’d made all night.

I remembered how Michael would hold my hand just like Damion is doing right now. The sudden thought of Michael made me feel sad. What am I doing here? I thought I could move on from Michael and start all over but I know I can’t. I need to get home.

“Damion, I’m sorry that we have to cut our date short but I think I should be getting home now.”

“What? Why? I thought we were having a good time.”

“I know, I had a great time, it’s just that I have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow and I don’t want to stay out too late.” Yes great save.

“Okay that’s fine. Waiter! I’d like to pay my bill.”

The waiter came over and handed him the bill and Damion paid.



************************************************



The ride home was really quiet. When we pulled up to the driveway the silence was broken by Damion.
“Look, if holding your hand was stepping over the line, I’m sorry.”

I looked at him. “It wasn’t the hand holding, I just needed to get home and get some sleep.”

He looked at me incredulously. “Its 9:30 pm Jolie since when do you go to sleep this early?”

“Since I have things to do in the morning FYI,” I went to open my door but Damion stopped me.

“Wait, I’ll get that for you.” He got out the car and ran to open my door.

“Jeesh, the date is over you don’t have to play gentleman anymore,” I said rolling my eyes.

“I’m not playing I really have changed Jolie. Here, let me walk you to the door.”

“Thanks, now goodnight.” I got my keys from my purse and went inside. I turned on the light switch but the lights weren’t turning on. I flipped it on and off more times like that was going to help. Crap! I thought I paid the light bill. Right then I heard knocking at the back door.

It was Damion again. Ugh, what does he want?

“Yes?” I said.

He smiled at me. “You forgot your shawl in my car.”

“Oh, thanks,” I said grabbing the shawl from him.

“Why are you still in the dark Jolie?”

“What? I’ve only been in here for like 2 seconds, I just haven’t turned the light on yet...”

“You forgot to pay the bill didn’t you?” he said with a wiseacre look on his face.

“No...I remember mailing the bill. I had it in my hand and I was on the way out then Michael Jr. started crying and I put them on the counter and...it’s still there,” I said as I spotted the white envelope sitting on the kitchen counter.

Damion let out a chuckle.

“You think this is funny?”

“Actually, I do,” he said laughing harder.

“Well, it’s not.”
“Whatever, how about I help you light some candles.”

“Fine whatever...”



******************************************



The next morning all I smelled was burned out candles and I heard the shower running. What the?

I looked around the room and there was clothes everywhere. My dress, my heels, Damion’s pants from last night, his shirt, his...boxers!

I looked underneath the covers and I’m naked!

“What did we do last night?” I said as I put my head in my hands.

I heard the shower stop and then Damion came out all wet and shiny.





“Hey, sleepy head. I hope you don’t mind, I used your shower. I got called in and my phone has been ringing non-stop.”

“We had sex last night didn’t we?”

“It was more love making, not just sex because we love each other.” He came over to me and tried to kiss me but I shoved him away from me.

“Get out.”

“Jolie—”

“No! Get out! Just leave!”

He sighed and gathered up his clothes and began to get dressed.

“Damion, I mean it! Get out now! Take the stupid towel with you! Just LEAVE!” I gathered up the bed sheet around me and pushed him out the bedroom door and slammed it in his face.

He knocked at the door. “Jolie, I need my shoes!”

I grabbed his shoes, opened the door and threw them at his face. I hope I broke his nose. The nerve! I bet this was his little plan all along. Take me out on a date, pretend to be a gentleman, then take advantage of me and put me to bed. The gall of some people!

I heard another knock at the door.

“I thought I told you to leave!”

“It’s me Janet.”

Oh no...

Chapter End Notes:

please review :) and here's a silly Michael pic :P